• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PS3 outsells Xbox360 in lifetime sales

Flint said:
the facts are that the PS3 really did win the console war in every aspect.
How did it win the console war? Because it sold 1 million more? A million consoles is what? 5% maybe?
I completely disagree with you.

Cross platform games sell better for the 360, and it's the same with the exclusives.

i can see where you're coming from flint, and based on numbers, solely on numbers you may have a well educated presumption on this matter.

do you by chance happen to spend time with any of these consoles? would you consider yourself a gaming enthusiast?

i only ask because its difficult to speculate when you look merely at numbers, and not being a part of the market so to speak. an accountant would speculate otherwise, a cfo would do so the same. but its not the accountants or the cfo's who can solely judge that they are the winners.

from a gaming standpoint, i have been there from the beginning, and love gaming as a hobby. its interesting tho that prior to the 360, the playstation was where i grew up with. with its introduction, of course competition made the industry a new ballgame. the wii came out, 360 so on and so forth.

i still play on the ps3 because its the school im used to. i havent bought the 360 because i am not accustomed to them, nor do i see it fit my needs. yet i firmly believe that there are a LOT, and i mean, a lot of respected gamers out there who prefer the 360 despite its shortcomings if there were any. check out tournaments and see whos console they use for battles.

id also love to consider the amount of revenue the 360 makes when it comes to their monthly er... internet cost thingy. (again, im not affluent with the 360 world, but know there is a fee to go online etc). if the ps3 was truly the choice in regards to consoles, then why would microsoft still be generating revenue from that standpoint?

with all due respect as well to the pc gamers. man, theres a huge market out there for em as well. skyrim is a perfect example of what fans, modders can do with such a program. (have you ever seen a macho man dragon on the ps3 or 360 version)

props to flint for trying to understand this.

Both gaming divisions operate at a loss. It is a miracle one or the other hasn't just dropped out. They are both playing the very long game of hopefully turning their gaming businesses into something profitable in the future. Hence the desire to connect the gaming products to other entertainment income streams.

whats sad is seeing sony still trying to revive its portable versions, the PSP. the original version barely worked, but since they started removing the umd support, going full digital, a pricepoint close to a full on ps3, and a proprietary 'sd' card, it just wasnt worth the hassle nor the investment.

personally i think the ds units is still one of the best products out there, based on their game plan and well, marketability.

Just my $0.02...........consoles may be a thing of the past...........online gaming is pretty strong, along with streaming movies, & downloading music (the UK is really crying about CD sales...)

Back