• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PSA XV15 Then XS30 Now

Re: PSA XV15

you_suck_finger_pointing_mp3_speakers-rae1a603cabf846aa965fe4bd93ff9a16_vs8xj_8byvr_324.jpg

Zing said:
heeman said:
The XV15 is being returned and replaced by the XS30.
SWEET!

You're welcome.

:happy-smileygiantred:

Confused on why "You're welcome"....... all as you did was move my thread????? :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

R-L Carriers just called and delivery will be on MONDAY between 11 and 4.................no problema!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Re: Heeman's NEW XS30

Towen7 said:
Should we update the title of this thread?
I just changed the subject of this particular post. Hopefully it meets Heeman's approval.

A brand new XS30 is now sitting in my foyer..............can't wait to get home, 6 Hrs to go!

^ No, not at all.......

The XV15 out performed the SVS PB12-NSD, hands down. It is probably much more than adequate.

However, I continued to ask myself what could we be missing??? Maybe nothing, however with correspondence back n forth with Tom V. It was determined that near Reference Levels, the XV15 maybe getting close to it's limits. I almost added another XV15, however that would really limit future upgrades if I won the Lottery. So the XS30 was the most economic upgrade. Tom V indicated that the improved performance will be similar improvements going from the PB12-NSD to the XV15 and now the XS30.

I think that this should really do it...........

I will find out this evening!

I was just screwing with you Heeman..

But, in all seriousness, you should have just ordered a Triax...so you won't have to upgrade the XS30 any time soon. :happy-smileygiantred:

I would love the XV-30f in my room.

Well, I guess Heeman's not going to tell us what's going on. I wonder if he's passed out w/ a drink in his hand in a state of bliss or if just imploded for the pressure.

John

Just got done with setting up; calibrating; going thru a bunch of reference material and then a movie.

I must note that the XS30 is $1149 and the XV15 is $799, both include shipping.

The tightness and accuracy of the XS30 is night and day above the XV15. PERIOD!!

It is a totally difference experience. The low resonating rumble is gone and replace with a solid/tight punch.

I think Zing made a similar comment. Maybe this is just the difference in a Sealed vs. Ported design.

When playing/watching Tron............the real low frequencies would hit, you would feel them and they were gone as opposed to the consistent rumble. It is hard to describe this in typed words.

With The Dark Knight, the opening scene with the window being shot out and then the bank manager with the shot gun, just WOW!

Barb was more convinced than me at first, however right now I am just blown away.........

This is just freakin' awesome!

I guess that this was just a great B-day gift........

I have not had any alcohol at all tonight (first time in a very long time).

Have a great night!

heeman said:
...just WOW!

...right now I am just blown away.........

This is just freakin' awesome!
Just imagine your delight when the second one arrives. If this :D is you now, this :happy-smileygiantred: will be you then.

I am not sure if a second will be needed in my sealed small room, 1750 cu ft.

Please change the title of this thread to: PSA XV15 Then XS30 Now

Thanks!

heeman said:

Thanks!
"Need" is relative and highly subjective. :teasing-neener:

How about "From XV15 to XS30"?

Zing said:
heeman said:
...going thru a bunch of reference material and then a movie.
What do you use, specifically?

Last night was:

Tron - The Frisbee Scene and the Motorcycle Scene on the grid

The Dark Knight - Opening bank robbery scene and the Hong Kong Scene

The Dark Knight Rises - Opening Plane scene

Despicable Me - The rocket launch scene

Music:

Annie Lenox - Diva

Pete Townshends - The Iron Man; I Eat Heavy Metal and Fast Food

Bruce Hornesby - Madman Across the Water

Some Christina Aguilera

Some Alicia Keys

heeman said:

Thanks!
Let me help you with that decision.

I've got 4 subs (main HT) in 1000 cu. ft. By my calculation that means you need 4 X 1750 / 1000 = 7.

The math does not lie buddy!

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
heeman said:

Thanks!
Let me help you with that decision.

I've got 4 subs (main HT) in 1000 cu. ft. By my calculation that means you need 4 X 1750 / 1000 = 7.

The math does not lie buddy!

Jeff
Beware, Heeman! Jeff is measuring in metric Subs! :snooty:

Botch said:
Beware, Heeman! Jeff is measuring in metric Subs! :snooty:

I thought he was measuring in Canadian subs, but I guess it's the same thing.

John

Back