• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Question about potentially improving the way Bose sounds?

Re: Question about potentially improving the way Bose sounds

Yeah Razz you have no choice but to use the bass module with Bose. Also just hooking up the cubes to a receiver alone and you could destroy the receivers amp. But this is dependent on the Bose speaker you have but believe the acoustimass systems need the bass module. I do like the idea of selling the Bose and buying the Energy system.

Thanks Matt,
And sorry Andy, i didnt realize that about the Bose system.

Guess thats another reason i just learned to not recommend Bose.

But if ur parents are happy then just leave it be!

Good point... if they are happy, don't ruin it for them. Pandora's Box is best left closed.

How about setting up a completely different system in a different room?

They'll hear it, move to it, and while they're not looking then you excise the Bose.

Basically a room flip - with a net improvement in sound.

Ok, so they may have to sleep on a couch for a while, but Flint has demonstrated that you can do wonders with a master bedroom if you're willing to sacrifice a bit! :)

I'm not sure what the status of this situation is now since it's been a while. If you are still looking for options or ideas keep the Bose system for now and borrow a second set of speakers and hook up to the B terminals of the receiver and have them play with them for a bit. Any time I have heard the Acoustimess satellites they were horrible. Even many other speakers from Bose sound much better than those pieces of trash.

Lone Stranger said:
I'm not sure what the status of this situation is now since it's been a while. If you are still looking for options or ideas keep the Bose system for now and borrow a second set of speakers and hook up to the B terminals of the receiver and have them play with them for a bit. Any time I have heard the Acoustimess satellites they were horrible. Even many other speakers from Bose sound much better than those pieces of trash.
Is there some way you could "muffle" the sub box so they could only hear the satellites ?
Lone Stranger said it best........just listen to those tiny boxes......nevermind...I don't care too !

Back