• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rank The Pixar Movies!

Batman

Staff member
Famous
This is for Pixar's feature films and here are all eleven. Rank them from worst to first...and add notes if you'd like :D

main_feature.jpg

feature.jpg

Here's my order

11. A Bug's Life - For me, for all of it's technical achievements at the time, it just doesn't have the story to make me want to watch it over and over again.

10. Cars - Super animation, great cast, with an unoriginal story. My kids love it though...

9. Toy Story - For me this is where it gets difficult to rank these films, I want to put this higher for what it did for animated movies in general, but personally I don't find myself wanting to watch this again and again like a lot of the others. You gotta love the characters and cast that Pixar put together though...

8. Toy story 2 - This is the first Pixar movie I saw in theaters, I am fond of this movie for several reasons it has dropped down the list for me because, aside from Cars, every Pixar movie after it is THAT much better...Still though I will never forget the great laughs I get every time I watch it. And I never turn the family down when they want to have a "Toy Story Marathon" ALSO did you know that this movie was originally going straight to DVD/Video, but the story was so good that the studio decided to release it in theaters...

7. Ratatouille - I think this movie is really really good! We all HATE rats in real life, and yet this one is adorable...The animated Paris is something to behold and the story is underrated. I thought all of the casting was spot-on as usual, but was critical for this movie, as it's not your usual kid's movie. Me and my family always enjoy this one too.

6. The Incredibles - This one is a blast and a ton of fun, and has BIGTIME demo material. Although the story revolves around Mr. Incredible, his midlife crisis and his family, I feel like many of the "supers" could have a spinoff-movie of their own and Pixar has the resources and talent on hand to pull it off. I also agree that this is the one Pixar flick that MUST have a sequel somewhere in the near future...

5. Up - The first 5-10 minutes sucked me right in emotionally (I cried) and then the rest of the movie had me laughing hysterically throughout. The end credits were touching too, showing how the main character's adventures were really just the beginning.

4. Monster's Inc. - While this one would be low on the list for many, I have many reasons for LOVING it. My son Daniel and I watched this movie EVERY night for months when it first came out. We would often fall asleep together watching it and he was only three years old, I never grew tired of that short-lived tradition or the movie. Still to this day, when I pop in Monsters Inc, those are the memories that come to mind. I also love the comedic improvisation throughout the film that Billy Crystal brought to the Mikey character. Also the last few seconds of the film bring a tear to my eye every time I watch it...

3. Finding Nemo - I actually flip-flop Finding Nemo with Monster's Inc all the time. It will always hold a place in my heart for similar reasons too. But for many technical reasons I put it a smidge in front of Monster's Inc...

2. Wall-E - While I know many people who just flat out hate this movie, I don't understand why...I love the story, how the storytellers instill so much love and emotion in a robot that shouldn't be able to "love" or "feel" anything. They tell a backstory while practically saying NOTHING. The animation in my opinion is the best I have ever seen to this day, it's incredibly realistic and nearly 3 dimensional.

1. Toy Story 3 - Pixar was on their A-game in every single facet I can think of with this movie. Great story that is somehow original, with characters we all love, it is pee-in-your-pants hilarious and has a probable ending to the series that tied it all up in a very touching way. I took my 2 boys to see this in 3D and all three of us laughed hysterically throughout the entire movie. Pixar created another fond memory for me that I will always be grateful for...

Pixar's site is pretty cool too, with some short and interesting back stories for each film...

:text-link:

Based solely on how much I enjoyed the movie - at the time I first saw it - with no regard to technical achievement, casting, plot or any other parameter.

11. Wall-E

10. Monsters, Inc.

9. Up

8. Ratatouille

7. Finding Nemo

6. The Incredibles

5. Cars

4. Toy Story 3 (Haven't seen it yet so I'll give it a psuedo 4)

3. Toy Story 2

2. Toy Story

1. A Bug's Life

1. The Incredibles (great story, characters and humor)
2. Toy Story 1 (again great story and charcters)
3. Up
4. Toy Story 2
5. Ratatouille Funny movie with great picture
6. Finding Nemo (a tie with Ratatouille but lost by a hair -snort pun intended)
7. Cars (not a big Owen Wilson fan, but love Paul Newman)
8. Monster's Inc. (yeah the ending makes me mist up okay)
9 Toy Story 3 (had some funny moments but overall I was disappointed with this one)
10. Wall-E (wow, sometimes I wonder how Pixar could waste millions on making this and wasted 90 minutes of my life)
11. A Bugs life. (One scene made me laugh that was it, otherwise I sat there bored to tears.)

Like with Zing's post (and of the ones I have seen) from first to "worst":

The Incredibles
Cars
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Ratatouille

I like all of them so there is no bad or "worst" movie, but Ratatouille is probably my least favorite.

This isn't all the Pixar movies is it? Wasn't Shrek a Pixar film? What about Monsters vs Aliens? If not, surely this set isn't all of them.

Yesfan70 said:

The Incredibles
Cars
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Ratatouille

I like all of them so there is no bad or "worst" movie, but Ratatouille is probably my least favorite.

This isn't all the Pixar movies is it? Wasn't Shrek a Pixar film? What about Monsters vs Aliens? If not, surely this set isn't all of them.
Both Shrek and Monster vs Aliens are from Dreamworks...

You're correct, you only ranked 8, you missed Wall-E, Toy Story 3 and Up

Dammit, I typed this once, don't know what happened! :angry-cussingblack:

Toy Story 3
The Incredibles
Up
Monser's Inc
Toy Story 1
Finding Nemo
Cars
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Wall-E
Meet The Robinson's
Ratatoille

This list isn't very subjective, as the only one I didn't care for was Ratatoille. We've watched it once, and it has been collecting dust ever since.
Rob

Huey said:
Dammit, I typed this once, don't know what happened! :angry-cussingblack:

Toy Story 3
The Incredibles
Up
Monser's Inc
Toy Story 1
Finding Nemo
Cars
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Wall-E
Meet The Robinson's
Ratatoille

This list isn't very subjective, as the only one I didn't care for was Ratatoille. We've watched it once, and it has been collecting dust ever since.
Rob
While this was released by Disney, Meet the Robinsons, along with Bolt, and The Wild were not in conjunction with Pixar...

Batman said:
Yesfan70 said:

The Incredibles
Cars
Finding Nemo
Toy Story 1
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Ratatouille

Both Shrek and Monster vs Aliens are from Dreamworks...

You're correct, you only ranked 8, you missed Wall-E, Toy Story 3 and Up

I haven't seen those three yet, so I didn't list them. So, there is only 11 "Pixar" films total? I kept thinking there were more than that.

Toy Story 3 - I Haven't seen it yet

10 A Bug's Life

9. Toy Story 2

8. Toy Story

7. Up

6. Ratatouille

5. Wall-E

4. Finding Nemo

3. Cars

2. Monsters, Inc.

1. The Incredibles

One thing I realized putting this list together is that I really like all the Pixar movies very well. The difference, for me between these movies is pretty small. The only one easy for me to place was The Incredibles.

John

Haven't seen TS2 or 3 yet... (I got TS2 on BD largely for the kids, we just haven't gotten to it yet.) From most favorite to least:

#1 - Cars - even if the story isn't terribly original, this one has an emotional impact on me that the others don't come close to. Maybe 'cause I grew up in a small town in the SW? Not sure really. I just think this one's really well done in every way.

2- The Incredibles

3- Ratatouille - I have a lilttle latent "foody" in me...

4- Monsters, Inc.

5- Up - hard to place this one, sometimes I feel really good about this one, other times it just doesn't do it... not sure why.

6- Toy Story

7- Finding Nemo

8- Wall-E - the chick robot was irritating, as were the "blob people"

9- A Bug's Life - agreed, just kinda boring

Back