• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Release date set for the Star Wars BluRay Set

I don't know what took engadget so long to make the announcement. I've had these movies in my Amazon Wish List since the beginning of the year and it was at least a week ago they were updated with a 9/16 release date.

I've been in for the various Star Wars sets, but I think I'm going to sit this one out unless I find a screaming deal.

Akula said:
I've been in for the various Star Wars sets, but I think I'm going to sit this one out unless I find a screaming deal.

Me too. I think I've gave Georgie enough money for one movie.

I'm in for the original trilogy even though I already own DVD and (believe it or not) VHS editions. The prequels were steaming piles of crap that I never bothered to buy once, much-less double/triple dip.

Enhanced (their word, not mine). I didnt care for the added effects much but it didn't bother me enough to complain.

Bump!

Picked up the complete collection today, 6 movies plus 6 bonus discs, and had a chance to preview a couple of scenes. Started out with A Phantom Mennace, picture and sound are excellent. Previewed the pod race, demo material for sure.

Watched a little bit of A New Hope, not so impressed. I can remember when the 4-6 came out on DVD and was very impressed with picture, but I wasn't as wowed with the bluray like I was the dvd's. Again, just a few minutes of watching, so maybe the other movies look better.

Huey EP 1-3 were shot on HD cameras while the original three 4-6 were shot on regular film, so they techs could only do so much "clean-up" on the original 3 films while ep. 1-3 apparently were much easier to clean up and enhance because they were shot with digital cameras. According the members over at AVS the PQ is slightly better than the DVD versions but the sound quality on 6 movies has improved greatly. Me personally I am on the fence on buying these now. I bought the DVD's and never watched them (I prefered the Laserdisc versions) and for my B-day I got a bunch of money and gift cards, but think I'll hold off about six months when the prices drop dramatically. I recall when "The Godfather" Coppola edition came out on Bluray and they wanted 79.00 for the box set of all three movies. I just bought Parts one and two seperately for 6.00/ea. Could care less for Part three. I'm pretty sure in six months the Blurays are gonna drop to about 20.00 for the first three and 20.00 for the last three and that's when I'll buy em. I can wait on seeing these movies for the umpteenth time.

MatthewB said:
I recall when "The Godfather" Coppola edition came out on Bluray and they wanted 79.00 for the box set of all three movies. I just bought Parts one and two seperately for 6.00/ea. Could care less for Part three.
Whoa, thanks for the head's-up! I wanted that set too, but could easily settle for the first two for $12 (recently just got the first two Alien movies for a decent price, too; heck with the follow-up films...).

My local furniture store has the full Star Wars BD set for $19, with any purchase of $999 or more, and I've been considering replacing my 26-year-old mattress..... :shhh:

Anybody that gets the Blu Rays that wants to cut loose the prequels on DVD I'll bite on em since my ex wife kept mine.

Bryan remind me before the Oct gtg and I'll bring em down and give to Chris to deliver to you and you can have em.

Target has it for $99,
Anyone find deals yet? That is "other" than buying a new bedroom set.

BB also has it for $79.99. I doubt you're gonna find it much less than that for the forseeable future...

MatthewB said:
Bryan remind me before the Oct gtg and I'll bring em down and give to Chris to deliver to you and you can have em.

Sweet, thanks Matt :banana-rock:

No problem Bryan, just passing the karma that has come my way from time to time from other members. Already pulled the movies with a note to bring to Texas.

Back