• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

retagging my flac files for Squeezebox

mcad64

Seems my tagging was messed up from the beginning and I need to retag some or all of my music collection. Tom Petty, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers. You get the point. Is there a program that would batch retag them all??
Thanks,
Mike

Mike, I am not familiar with any program. DBPoweramp is usually the rec for ripping, but don't think it has just a tagging part of it. Depending on how many there are, it might be easier to just rerip, unless someone else has a better idea.

Yes, with DBPowerAmp I can go into an album folder, select every song (ctrl + A), right-click and select properties. There's a tab that lists the tags and you can edit the ones that apply to every song such as artist, genre, year, etc. Once you clean up the tags you'll probably want to delete/rescan your library. Maybe it was just an old version of the server software but the Squeezebox had a tendency to remember the old tags if I didn't do a complete rescan...

Also take a look at Media Monkey. It has some pretty advanced tagging features. I have used it in the past, but haven't touched it in about a year. I think Yesfan recommended to me, so he may have some input.

MediaMonkey has some auto-tag features where it'll look up info on the web and apply it to your local tracks... I've never tried to do this in bulk, and automatically, though; I use this feature primarly for adding album art to the tracks (which is picked up by squeezebox server). Not sure if you can have it do more than one album at a time, might be worth checking out though.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am trying MP3Tag and with a little sleuthing I think I have it doing what I want it to do!! :D Luckily I don't have that many to do as I was not able to find a batch mode with this particular program. It uses Musicbrianz database. I just highlight the offending cd, send it off to Musicbrainz and Mp3tag corrects the tags. Part of my problem is that I ripped some with dbpoweramp, some with EAC and some with rubyripper and sound juicer in Linux, and possibly my tags aren't as neat/uniform as they could be!!??
Mike

Media Monkey's good. I like dB Poweramp the best, but you have to buy it. I never could figure out MP3Tag, so gave up (that was years ago).

I don't deal with those sights that "fix" the tags for (even the free ones). I just do it myself with dB Poweramp's tag editor. This is good if you have transferred a lot of vinyl to your PC. You can also manually edit using WMP.

This piece of software works like a champ, and cost nothing. I've used it for 3 years and use it every time I rip to WMA.

NCH Tag Editor

Point it in the direction of your FLAC files, and let the fireworks begin.

Rope

Back