• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rick and Morty

Huey

Famous
How have I not seen the show before now? On one level it's a very vulgar and crass show, but they use real science or at least stuff that makes you think, although I've only caught one episode so far, but I loved it. Anybody else watch this?

Season 2 has wrapped and I'll be climbing the walls until season 3 starts. Reports are that we'll have to wait until mid 2017.

:angry-cussingblack:

I've not really watched the show, but the one guy always reminds me of Doc from Back To the Future. Doesn't help (hurt?) that Morty sounds a little like Marty, too.

Kazaam said:
I've not really watched the show, but the one guy always reminds me of Doc from Back To the Future. Doesn't help (hurt?) that Morty sounds a little like Marty, too.

That's because that is who they are modeled after.

I've got the dvr set to record both new and old episodes, because I haven't seen much of season one. I hope we got something sooner than 2017, but it is what it is.

All episodes are available on AdultSwim.com or through the AS app.

I was a little worried about the direction the show was going with episodes like Look Who's Purging Now, but the season 2 cliffhanger was great.

Was this weeks episode the season finale? That went by quick if it is.

And for those that are fans and intrigued by the Szechuan sauce, McDonalds will have it for one day only this Saturday. Here is the link to participating restaurants. https://buttermilkcrispytenders.com/

I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ll probably seek out a little Szechuan sauce.

I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ll probably seek out a little Szechuan sauce.
I don't remember ever having it when it was out back in the 90's, but yes, I will be hitting East Lansing to try and score some as well. And shit! Just realized that is the day of the Michigan/Michigan State game. Not sure if it is in East Lansing or not, although that shouldn't matter.

Just finished season 1 last night after somehow avoiding it. Liked it.

Good to see Sarah Chalke doing something after Scrubs.

I've seen bits and pieces of episodes here and there. Seems hilarious, but man...my DVR is backlogged...

I'd like to get some of the Szechuan sauce, but...the closest McDs doesn't have it...darn...

So I had two choices in roughly the same distance. East Lansing or Novi. Probably shouldn't have chosen the college town as the line went one and half times around the building, or roughly 200 people in front of us. Did I mention we had our 3 year old grandson with us? Needless to say we didn't stand in line to get a sauce that I don't even remember. I have a feeling that based on the line, we haven't seen the end of this sauce. We did have to stop and get fries for the grandson, and the buttermilk chicken weren't bad.

I totally forgot!
But yeah .. I wouldn’t have waited for it either. It was just the novelty of the idea.

My guess is that the sauce will make period limited time returns like the McRib.

I saw an article that what this mostly did, was piss people off, as most locations only had 20 packets of the sauce. Which really makes me wonder how old these things are?

BTW, does anybody get the feeling that in the last episode, that the President was a cross between Obama and Trump? Had the policies of Obama, but the ego of Trump.

Really?!? They have the resources to make more so maybe hey just under estimated how many people would seek out something that got mentioned on a cartoon.

I haven’t considered the President’s character as anything more than a device to have Rick doing something directly for the US. When the President turned into an asshole in the finale I knew the point was to force a show-down. I didn't equate that shift to emulate Trump per sè, but just typical authoritarian. I expected the point was to have Rick and Morty become enemies of the government. The surprising thing, to me, was Fly Fishing Rick apparently resetting that relationship.

It was a fun episode. I had to go back and rewatch it a time or two to try and catch all the Easter eggs in the whitehouse.

Crap, there were Easter Eggs in that episode? Guess I did at least catch one with the stage for the moon landing. What else was there?

There’s also a Kennedy assignation set, a World Trade Center set, and a set with George Washington crossing the Delaware in the basement (or the McKinnkey Hooker Dump). There’s a skeleton of what appears to be Tupac Shakur between the floors of the White House.

I'll have to rerecord it and look for that stuff. According to Matt B, there is some way you can watch these and they don't bleep out the cuss words. Vudu maybe?

I get almost all the curse words unbleeped on the original airing which is the one I record. IIRC the F-word is the only one that gets censored.

Back