• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Ridley Scott to Direct Remake Blade Runner

I'm starting to wonder if people take the time to read the links they post and/or are posted by others.

Take a minute and read the article - it is not saying it is a "remake" but a "new installment".

Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner.

I’m not getting a clear sense at this point whether Scott intends to do a sequel or a prequel to the 1982 film that was loosely based on the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

I thought it would be odd for Scott to just remake Blade Runner but it seems that is not what he will be doing. I look forward to a "Blade Runner II"

Yeah according to some legal document (a contract or whatever) they cannot remake the film but can do a prequel or sequel.

I would say it will be a prequel.

Not sure... the idea behind Harrison Ford's character is that he is questioning whether he is a replicant or not. We now know he was a replicant from interviews Scott has done. So, perhaps a story line which has Ford learning more, researching more, and reacting to the reality of what he is while at the same time still hunting rebel "old style" replicants would be fascinating.

Flint said:
Not sure... the idea behind Harrison Ford's character is that he is questioning whether he is a replicant or not. We now know he was a replicant from interviews Scott has done.
Not in the original (theatrical release) movie. R. Scott wanted to change the story into Deckard being a replicant and did his Director's Cut which deleted and added a few things. The result wasn't as successful as he has hoped for so some years later, he produced Final Cut. IMO, it's still not successful due to rearranging of already established (& made movie) story.

Back