• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Roku with Harmony One

Rope said:
Jam -

If you sit close (8' or less) to the Squeezebox Touch, and not that you have to actually touch it, but for viewing purposes, highly recommended.

1010squeeze.1.jpg

201008_logitech_rear_wide.jpg

Rope

Rope said:
One last thought, if you're using a smart phone or tablet, download the SB app, then the viewing distance is mute!

Rope

Another thing to add is, if you're not comfortable using your phone as a 'remote', is to get the Squeezebox Duet. You don't have to worry about screen to seat distance since the remote has a screen. Plus, the remote has a headphone out, making the Controller like an iTouch as long as you're within your WiFi's coverage.

I like the Touch, but I think the Duet is a no brainer for those with seating distance issues and/or vision issues.

Well, I've spent a couple hours playing with this thing today, got a Pandora account set up (I hope they don't send my email address out to everyone and their brother now, I've kept relatively clear of the spammers since '07). I typed in Level 42 on my computer, it started playing, then my TV said "Oh hey, there you are" and started playing it too, then it jumped to some other songs I guess it thought I'd like, so far so good except for the Billy Idol track :? Good audio quality, certainly better than FM radio and I haven't heard a commercial yet! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Then futzed around with the Amazon Instant Video ap, got my info input (I'm a Prime member just for shipping) and looked through some of the free movies, TV shows, etc that the Prime membership gives me for free. Those, along with all the free movies on Crackle, damn, I may never buy another DVD! The music concert selection was pretty bleak, so I'll probably keep buying a bluray every now and then. I don't have a Netflix account, but since I watch so few movies the older selections these two channels have are all new to me, and will keep me happy for years.

Apparently there is no web browser for the Roku, nor will there be (according to them), and I did just learn that the Apple TV can be used as a browser (the ap is $40! :shock: ) so I'm now wondering if I should've gone that route after all. Well, the Roku is paid for, and I do have my damn laptop on the floor next to the recliner; How Tough my Life Is... :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh now that's cool. I hadn't turned my TV off yet, but the screen saver just kicked in, and Pandora displays the album cover of what's playing and it jumps around the screen, I can live with that! All in all, a pretty decent $67 investment!

Botch said:
Well, I've spent a couple hours playing with this thing today, got a Pandora account set up (I hope they don't send my email address out to everyone and their brother now, I've kept relatively clear of the spammers since '07). I typed in Level 42 on my computer, it started playing, then my TV said "Oh hey, there you are" and started playing it too, then it jumped to some other songs I guess it thought I'd like, so far so good except for the Billy Idol track :? Good audio quality, certainly better than FM radio and I haven't heard a commercial yet! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Then futzed around with the Amazon Instant Video ap, got my info input (I'm a Prime member just for shipping) and looked through some of the free movies, TV shows, etc that the Prime membership gives me for free. Those, along with all the free movies on Crackle, damn, I may never buy another DVD! The music concert selection was pretty bleak, so I'll probably keep buying a bluray every now and then. I don't have a Netflix account, but since I watch so few movies the older selections these two channels have are all new to me, and will keep me happy for years.

Apparently there is no web browser for the Roku, nor will there be (according to them), and I did just learn that the Apple TV can be used as a browser (the ap is $40! :shock: ) so I'm now wondering if I should've gone that route after all. Well, the Roku is paid for, and I do have my damn laptop on the floor next to the recliner; How Tough my Life Is... :happy-smileygiantred:

Oh now that's cool. I hadn't turned my TV off yet, but the screen saver just kicked in, and Pandora displays the album cover of what's playing and it jumps around the screen, I can live with that! All in all, a pretty decent $67 investment!

For music try the free Radio Paradise channel. Plays what is on their Internet station with photos submitted by people on their forum. It is strictly their playlist but I often have RP on via my squeezebox all day. Nice mix of stuff from many genres and eras (no rap or hip hop).

With the apple the wife has set up her Itunes to store on the Icloud and the TV's work well when streaming on the network. Apple TV at last look only has 100 mips network. It verifies authentication on your local computer and pulls the video off the Icloud.

Wife purchased two Roku for house christmas. Starting to setup and play.

Back