• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Schiit Asgard for my cans?

^^
No, not at all. I'm not a big fan of the price nor the designer (Westlake).

Although, if one wanted to jump ship, they could always pop the top on their Lyr and have it anodized black to match the M-DAC. :D

Rope

Regarding the fuse upgrade

I am now getting a sound that is just purer and cleaner in every aspect compared to before. It is hard to quantify the total improvement..... but I can say this, changing the fuse to the AMR gold got me 70% of the way there, and jumping the fuse directly with Mundorf silver/gold hook-up wire got the last 30%.

So if you are not confident in soldering, just upgrading fuse is absolutely worth doing. Males me wonder what the expensive Hi-fi Tuning Black fuse would do, perhaps it would be as good as direct wiring.

I should mention, my mains power is particularly dirty here and any sort of power treatment and power cables have noticable changes (sometimes for the worse) on my system.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Rope

hey thanks.

...but I think I'll just go ahead and pick up that 2K DAC on the way home tomorrow. You only live once.

2K DAC, excellent choice, or you could wait till Schiit antes up with their statement amp and DAC. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Rope said:
2K DAC, excellent choice, or you could wait till Schiit antes up with their statement amp and DAC. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope
Awesome! be sure to post pics when it arrives. :twisted:

Who am I kidding. I'm content with my V-DAC for $250.

Walls is enjoying this thread. :handgestures-thumbup:

Wonder if I would gain an audible difference if I used the line out on my ipod instead of the mini plug into my amps??

walls said:
Walls is enjoying this thread. :handgestures-thumbup:

Wonder if I would gain an audible difference if I used the line out on my ipod instead of the mini plug into my amps??

into a portable amp?

My ipod classic sounds terrible at low volumes with any IEM I have due to hiss. My 6G nano does not. Hopefully using the line out bypasses some of the circuitry. I get dead silence from the line out with my classic. I did own the HeadAmp Pico Slim(just sold it) and using the line out delivered zero noise. I also use a Meier XXS portable amp with my 6G nano and a practical devices xm5 with my classic.

Rope said:

I am now getting a sound that is just purer and cleaner in every aspect compared to before. It is hard to quantify the total improvement..... but I can say this, changing the fuse to the AMR gold got me 70% of the way there, and jumping the fuse directly with Mundorf silver/gold hook-up wire got the last 30%.

So if you are not confident in soldering, just upgrading fuse is absolutely worth doing. Males me wonder what the expensive Hi-fi Tuning Black fuse would do, perhaps it would be as good as direct wiring.

I should mention, my mains power is particularly dirty here and any sort of power treatment and power cables have noticable changes (sometimes for the worse) on my system.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Rope

Now, a big debate is raging over which optical SPDIF cable sounds best. :text-lol:

Rope

Rope said:
Rope said:

Rope

Now, a big debate is raging over which optical SPDIF cable sounds best. :text-lol:

Rope

Doesn't it make you wonder what kind of life those people lead?

I've never been a "cables guy". I currently use some very inexpensive "pro audio" grade cables in my HP/speaker system. The most expensive I have is Mogami and some custom DIY portable audio stuff. My HDMI and optical in my system is standard $50 type.

I dig my fuses all Wile E. Coyote style!

MES2836.jpg

:banana-rock:
GreatDane said:
OK

...but watch out, now you're on the terrorist list.

Did he say bomb? Ahh shit, now I'm on the terrorist list.

Rope

Back