• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Selling High Fidelity using Elton John

Batman said:
I'm on my phone but when I get a chance I'm gonna post a YouTube video of Cadillac CUE. It is badass. I don't care what manufacturer you back, if this where the auto industry is headed very soon, it's exciting...

The CUE system does look pretty sweet:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpdQXAgo0pk[/youtube]

And here's a look at where Mercedes might be headed with the iPhone: http://9to5mac.com/2011/09/16/mercedes-benz-shows-off-iphone-interface-plus-concept-coming-2012/

Batman said:
^ thanks Chuck! That's the one I was gonna post...

It was posted a couple of months ago on a MB forum and everyone pretty much agreed that it blows away that iPhone integration that Mercedes is working on. My best friend's dad was going to trade up his Caddy this year but after seeing that CUE video he decided to wait.

Do you know which model caddy it is? It resembles the CTS, but there are also the upcoming XTS, and entry level ATS...

-B- said:
mzpro5 said:
It does quite a bit more than that.

I can do searches, command it to play specific playlists, songs, artists or albums and play them in order or shuffled all with voice command. Just about everything I can do with the iPod by hand.

I forgot, I can ask it to play something, but it rarely gets the voice recognition right. I can't search manually via the controls either. Your Sync may be a little different than mine if it's the touch, but it didn't do anything to make me want to use it over the regular aux input. It's disappointing that Microsoft's Sync doesn't interact better with the Zune even though they make both. I usually just listen to Pandora via Bluetooth stream in that car.

Voice recognition with Sync does much better with phone commands. I have asked it to play a certain artist, it would repeat my command back to me correctly then play something completely random :think: It always gets the phone commands right though.

You might check to see if your firmware is the latest. I have Sync without a nav screen and I can search manually via the controls. I have also had great results with the voice recognition. I have updated my firmware once (you put the files on a thumb drive and go through some steps on the radio). You have to go yo syncmyride.com and register your make/model/year.

AndySTL said:
-B- said:
mzpro5 said:
It does quite a bit more than that.

I can do searches, command it to play specific playlists, songs, artists or albums and play them in order or shuffled all with voice command. Just about everything I can do with the iPod by hand.

I forgot, I can ask it to play something, but it rarely gets the voice recognition right. I can't search manually via the controls either. Your Sync may be a little different than mine if it's the touch, but it didn't do anything to make me want to use it over the regular aux input. It's disappointing that Microsoft's Sync doesn't interact better with the Zune even though they make both. I usually just listen to Pandora via Bluetooth stream in that car.

Voice recognition with Sync does much better with phone commands. I have asked it to play a certain artist, it would repeat my command back to me correctly then play something completely random :think: It always gets the phone commands right though.

You might check to see if your firmware is the latest. I have Sync without a nav screen and I can search manually via the controls. I have also had great results with the voice recognition. I have updated my firmware once (you put the files on a thumb drive and go through some steps on the radio). You have to go yo syncmyride.com and register your make/model/year.

I also did an upgrade about a month or so ago.

B - I do have the Touch on mine along with Sync. You have to get used to saying commands exactly the way they instruct you in the manual. Mine will do Playlists great but artists and songs are hit and miss.

-B- said:
I have asked it to play a certain artist, it would repeat my command back to me correctly then play something completely random.
Maybe its trying to raise your musical taste? :teasing-neener:

Botch said:
-B- said:
I have asked it to play a certain artist, it would repeat my command back to me correctly then play something completely random.
Maybe its trying to raise your musical taste? :teasing-neener:

lol...just confusing when it repeats the proper command and plays something else!

Thanks for the firmware heads up guys, never knew about it.

-B- said:

See... that's one of the reasons why my idea of using your phone as the hub of you car's entertainment system is so brilliant. You update your phone all the time.

Towen7 said:
-B- said:

See... that's one of the reasons why my idea of using your phone as the hub of you car's entertainment system is so brilliant. You update your phone all the time.

The logistics seem tough being the different OS's...of course they'll just make one for the iPhone because that's the only one right?

It'll never happen but it should. If the cell phone makers could agree on a standard to connect to a touchscreen in the automobile dash and the car's speakers... app developers would be falling all over themselves to come-up with useful apps. If there is a standard than the phone/car interface could work with any phone that supported the standard. The auto makers would save a bundle by not wasting time and money on shitty nav/entertainment systems. Our phones already have the processing power to do eveything that the best car systems can, only better. And they are only going to get more powerful. The consumer would benefit by having the same experience that they enjoy out of the car, regardless of the car they are in.

Back