• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

September - Time for Christmas songs!

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
In our beloved country, when september hits, its officially the first time you'd hear christmas songs playing on the radio. September represents mostly the 'Ber' months - September, october, november, december...

And since we dont really have any significant holidays aside from All Saints/souls day (november 1), its pretty much the most important holiday just peeking around the corner.

A little tidbit for you, and yes, im already listening to Ray Conniffs exemplary album

wewishyoumeryxmas_conniff563.jpg

And here I was bitchin' to my brother about a Halloween store opening up in the middle of August. :laughing:

NO! No, no, no. Bad thread. It's WAY too early for the C word. :text-deletetopic:

I'm going to fight this by singing Yankee Doodle Dandy and celebrating the 4th of July. :eek:ccasion-unclesam:

Sexy-4th-of-July.gif

Hey we got a holiday right around the corner that celebrates all the hard working people out there.

What's wrong with that?

Because by definition if you're hanging out here, you're not working hard. ;)

mzpro5 said:
Hey we got a holiday right around the corner that celebrates all the hard working people out there.

What's wrong with that?
They don't have jobs...? ;)

And I agree with the above, anytime before December is too early for Xmas music! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I vote Jomari gets shot. :angry-tappingfoot:

Please for the love of God, put that album away and do NOT get it back out before December 1st!

Zing,

On three. Uh 1,2,3........

"I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy.................."

I played it with some folks swingin by the office...

They said i was in favor of holidays but im a tad early for christmas.

Oh well, i played it a bit then switched back to the isley brothers.

There IS Labor Day,

banner_labor_day.gif

Somewhat on-topic, I just got notification that this year's flu shots are now ready.
In August?! (okay, it's september now I guess)

Oh, yes... I drive past Walgreens almost everyday. They've had a sign up for at least a week, maybe two. It's funny because it seems like only yesterday that I got a flu shot.
And, yes, it is too soon for a Christmas thread. But I rather found it humorous. I'm pretty sure Joms did it intentionally. :eusa-clap:

images

kazaam knows me too well. :teasing-neener:

Next up, a thread with a whole buncha cats... wait. dennies got that covered.
Pussies? Well, thats Great danes.

hmm... gotta get creative.

Anyways, i mentioned it earlier too, that since holidays are around the corner, time to curb the spending to get ready for the big ones...

Glad some of 'yall got my wierd humor. :handgestures-thumbup:

JOMARI......! :angry-tappingfoot:

It is time for.....

CassandraWilson-Loverly005.jpg

September Song(s)!!

It drove me crazy last year when right after Halloween, the stores started playing Christmas Music! :confusion-seeingstars:

I'm glad you've seen the errors of your ways! Let's wait until Thanksgiving for the Christmas Music! :text-lol:

Dennie

In my household, Christmas music is allowed to be heard from Dec 24 - Dec 25. No more.

When i used to work front of the house, they'd play holiday music almost on the money, the day after thanksgiving.

Man, that was the only time id hate listening to christmas tunes. id end up listening or hearing it to a point id remember the track list.

Thank god i can listen to it anytime i want now. :happy-smileygiantred:

September song will always be EWF for me Dennie. :music-listening:

PaulyT said:
In my household, Christmas music is allowed to be heard from Dec 24 - Dec 25. No more.

One time while in Gatlinburg, my wife asked me if I could stop by the Christmas Store. This was during our anniversary......

.......in June. :angry-tappingfoot:

I do love Christmas, probably more and more since I have a kid now, but the one thing I really hate is how the holiday is "whored out". It seems like "Christmas Season" starts earlier and earlier every year and I hate that.

Dennie said:
JOMARI......! :angry-tappingfoot:

It is time for.....

CassandraWilson-Loverly005.jpg

September Song(s)!!

James Taylor has an album that's great for this time of year. It starts out with the song "September Grass", follows it up with "October Road", (then strangely backtracks to July 4th???), but concludes with a fantastic rendition of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". So it's an album to keep you going for the next 4 months.

0d71729fd7a0855def99e010.L.jpg

Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house
the whole damn'd family was drunk as a louse.
Ma home from the cat-house, Pa out of jail,
They'd just settled down for a nice piece of tail.
When all of the sudden there arose such a clatter, I jumped to my feet
To see what in the hell was a matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Threw open the shutters, fell flat on my ass.
The full moons glisten on the new fallen snow
Gave a whore-house luster to the objects below, and
What before my blood shot eyes should appear?
A rusty old sled to two mangy reindeer, a little old driver holding
His dick. I knew in a second that prick was Saint Nick.......

(To be continued at the approprate time)

Rope

Back