1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

so I just bought a Behringer 2496...

Discussion in 'Configuration & Setup' started by GreatDane, Aug 27, 2010.

1. GreatDane

GreatDane Well-Known Member

Will the RTA thingie fix my Bose speakers??

:teasing-tease:

I need to buy a better mic and yes I did just buy the 2496. :text-nocomment: on the Bose.

2. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

Cool, Dane. So what did you really get the 2496 for?

3. GreatDane

I'm selling my MF V-DAC which i used for USB input from laptop, coax digital from a Blu-ray player and optical from Airport Express. I still have a Little Dot_DAC II which has all 3 digital inputs and will be connected to one of the inputs on the DEQ 2496.

I'll use the digital input on the 2496 for a CDP and use the LD DAC for what I mention above...lots of gear connected in my chain.

I do want to experiment with the RTA function but my only mic is an Alesis and I don't know if it will do the job, as far as being accurate/flat. I haven't tried it yet.

I also like having the PEQ and GEQ for tweaking the sound of each CD on the fly, for HP and speakers. I use my Woo 3 tube amp as preamp for speakers which adds a nice flavor to my B&Ws.

4. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

Behringer makes several products with the"2496" in the name. Which you buy? The DSP2496? The DCX2496?

Either way, those are great tools for the money.

5. GreatDane

Officially called:

Behringer ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 - Stereo 24-Bit/96kHz Digital EQ/RTA Mastering Processor

6. Flint

Ahhhh... the eq!

That's a great unit. I'm sure you'll love it.

There are mods out there to improve the performance of the analog sections and digital clock. I modded my main stereo unit and the improvement was audible though not life changing.

7. GreatDane

8. Flint

That's the best measurement mic for the money.

9. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

I might be willing to trade you my ECM8000 for those JVC cans. :music-listening:

10. GreatDane

Thanks for the rec. I'll probably order one from B&H Photo soon.

11. GreatDane

You mean as rental fee on the JVC for 2 weeks...and you break 'em, you bought 'em.