• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

so I just bought a Behringer 2496...

GreatDane

Will the RTA thingie fix my Bose speakers??

:teasing-tease:

I need to buy a better mic and yes I did just buy the 2496. :text-nocomment: on the Bose.

Cool, Dane. So what did you really get the 2496 for?

I'm selling my MF V-DAC which i used for USB input from laptop, coax digital from a Blu-ray player and optical from Airport Express. I still have a Little Dot_DAC II which has all 3 digital inputs and will be connected to one of the inputs on the DEQ 2496.

I'll use the digital input on the 2496 for a CDP and use the LD DAC for what I mention above...lots of gear connected in my chain.

I do want to experiment with the RTA function but my only mic is an Alesis and I don't know if it will do the job, as far as being accurate/flat. I haven't tried it yet.

I also like having the PEQ and GEQ for tweaking the sound of each CD on the fly, for HP and speakers. I use my Woo 3 tube amp as preamp for speakers which adds a nice flavor to my B&Ws.

Behringer makes several products with the"2496" in the name. Which you buy? The DSP2496? The DCX2496?

Either way, those are great tools for the money.

Officially called:

Behringer ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496 - Stereo 24-Bit/96kHz Digital EQ/RTA Mastering Processor

Ahhhh... the eq!

That's a great unit. I'm sure you'll love it.

There are mods out there to improve the performance of the analog sections and digital clock. I modded my main stereo unit and the improvement was audible though not life changing.

GreatDane said:
I'll buy the ECM8000 which is what is recommended.
I might be willing to trade you my ECM8000 for those JVC cans. :music-listening:

Back