• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

So who's got Disney + ?

LOL .. of course.
The opposite of my statement in another thread is also true. Some people dislike things because those those things are popular.

Haters gunna hate

Disney has ruined Marvel:
The number 1, 5, 8, 10, and 11 top grossing movies are Marvel movies.

Disney has ruined Star Wars:
The number 4 and 13 top grossing movies
The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

Disney properties dominate any list of most populate movies of all time.

Haters gunna hate

Disney has ruined Marvel:
The number 1, 5, 8, 10, and 11 top grossing movies are Marvel movies.

Disney has ruined Star Wars:
The number 4 and 13 top grossing movies
The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

Yep, and Taylor Swift records the best music and McDonald's makes the best hamburger.

I have been experiencing some super annoying video quality issues all day, specifically picture freezing and stuttering. It’s limited to only Disney+

Mine's been good here. I've actually had less issues with Disney+ than I ever had with Netflix.

Mine's been good here. I've actually had less issues with Disney+ than I ever had with Netflix.

One of the reasons Disney waited so long to launch their service was to get greater assurance that the quality to each user is up to their stringent standards. Regardless of my opinions of their content, as a company they have always put a high priority on the quality of the end product as seen by the consumer. They were very prepared to pay extra to get better performance for their streams, if that was an option.

One of the reasons Disney waited so long to launch their service was to get greater assurance that the quality to each user is up to their stringent standards. Regardless of my opinions of their content, as a company they have always put a high priority on the quality of the end product as seen by the consumer. They were very prepared to pay extra to get better performance for their streams, if that was an option.

Nice to know they decided to deliberately ensure a good back end experience. Would that they got their act together in that way when it comes to park websites/apps.

I just got it on my phone, since its free with Verizon.

Its nice to have one more thing to watch when I'm on the road.

I cannot express how frightening it is to see a guy at night alone in his car with the entertainment system, including his dash screen, playing content. With no one else in the car, I have to assume he looks at the screen fr more often than is safe.

Maybe you're joking
lol of course I'm joking.... Deerhunter hasn't died (so far as I know) so I assume he's not watching while actually driving. Though y'know, a projection/holographic screen that uses the windshield for a movie overlay could be kinda cool.

Last edited:
lol of course I'm joking.... Deerhunter hasn't died (so far as I know) so I assume he's not watching while actually driving. Though y'know, a projection/holographic screen that uses the windshield for a movie overlay could be kinda cool.

Lol

I figure when I am driving, and watching a movie. Y'all just best move out of my way!:wine:

Knowing that we’d be without internet access I downloaded a few things from Disney+ in the event that we wanted to pass some time. None of the feature films would play when my iPad was connected to the television with an HDMI adapter.

Knowing that we’d be without internet access I downloaded a few things from Disney+ in the event that we wanted to pass some time. None of the feature films would play when my iPad was connected to the television with an HDMI adapter.

We did much the same thing when we went camping (well, that was before Disney+, but you get the idea...). As to your issue...

Is your HDMI adapter a genuine Apple one?

One thing I realized when I was getting an adapter is that very VERY few of the third party ones are HDCP compliant- you can put some stuff from the iDevice onto the TV, but anything with copy protection (most things from most streaming services have it) won't work with them. If it's a genuine Apple lightning to HDMI adapter I'm not sure why it's not working. If it's a third party, I bet that's the problem- you'll need one of the expensive Apple ones (and that's why they cost so buggered much).

And here I thought camping was all about an escape - getting away from all the responsibilities and distractions of one's daily life and the modern world.

It’s an Apple adapter but not long after trying it with the TV the movie quit playing on the iPad too. I didn’t spend much time trying to get it to work.
To Flint’s point ... I generally do try to escape. The weather report correctly called for rain for most of our time here.

And here I thought camping was all about an escape - getting away from all the responsibilities and distractions of one's daily life and the modern world.

Well, you escape the parts that are a pain in the rump. Disney movies usually aren't that.

Back