• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony BDP-S570

Huey

Famous
3D Ready TV? Check! 3D ready bluray player? Check! Adapter to make them play nice, none in excistance, as well any content to play on the tv's.

I bought the tv because of its size to price ratio, although being 3d ready was a nice perk. I saw a nice deal on the sony yesterday at Walmart, bought it on a whim to see if indeed was better than my 2nd generation Panny and Samsung. With initial viewing, it does indeed seem to have a better picture. Mosquito noise, hdmi sparklies whatever it is called was driving me crazy with the other two players.

This player has tons of internet options for watching content, and at least from the one show I watched, it has a slightly better picture over the samsung when streaming netflix. I haven't tried anything else, but I do have a couple of credits with Amazon, so I will probably try their On Demand feature.

All in all, I'm happy with the new upgrade.
Rob

Huey said:
Adapter to make them play nice, none in excistance
This statement, to me anyway, suggests there's an issue that needs resolved, yet the rest of your post indicates you're quite content.

So why aren't they playing nice and what kind of adapter would help?

Rob

Did the Sony come wireless or did you need an additional adapter?

How much did Wally World want for it?

Zing said:
Huey said:
Adapter to make them play nice, none in excistance
This statement, to me anyway, suggests there's an issue that needs resolved, yet the rest of your post indicates you're quite content.

So why aren't they playing nice and what kind of adapter would help?

The mitsubishi tv's need an adapter, currently at $400 with 2 sets of glasses, to display a checkerboard fromat. I'm in hurry to buy it, because there is only a couple of movies you can buy currently.

I didn't buy the tv or the bluray because of the 3d capabilites, but I wasn't going to buy anything that didn't have the option for a future date.
Rob

mzpro5 said:
Rob

It has a wireless adapter built in, but I already had the ethernet cable right there, so I'm using that for reliability. It was $218 before the wifes discount, which put it cheaper than amazon.
Rob

Huey said:
mzpro5 said:
Rob

It has a wireless adapter built in, but I already had the ethernet cable right there, so I'm using that for reliability. It was $218 before the wifes discount, which put it cheaper than amazon.
Rob

Thanks my buddy is looking for something that streams Netflix and maybe a BD player also.

mzpro5 said:
Thanks my buddy is looking for something that streams Netflix and maybe a BD player also.

This player seems to stream just about anything that is out there. DNLA support for streaming your own content seems to be hit or miss though. It also has the same gui as the ps3, which is nice, as well as 1gb of internal storage. It also boots up very,very fast.
Rob

Back