• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sony UBP 700

The DirtMerchant

Famous
My first 4K source component. Streaming various shows on Netflix and Prime. Have to say, first blush...brighter, sharper, crisp. Altered Carbon, Planet Earth II, Jack Ryan. Very nice. Some stuff...it's almost too clear. I see past the Hollywood movie magic to bad makeup or hair...it's crazy.

Now to get some 4K discs or UVs.

Where does one get UV codes cheap?

My first 4K source component. Streaming various shows on Netflix and Prime. Have to say, first blush...brighter, sharper, crisp. Altered Carbon, Planet Earth II, Jack Ryan. Very nice. Some stuff...it's almost too clear. I see past the Hollywood movie magic to bad makeup or hair...it's crazy.

Congrats on the new player Dirtmerchant! Did you upgrade your Netflix account to 4K streaming? If not, it's worth it.

Congrats on the new player Dirtmerchant! Did you upgrade your Netflix account to 4K streaming? If not, it's worth it.
I did. Is all their original content available in 4K? I'm wondering if there is enough source material yet
to warrant the $5/mo extra...and the upcoming increase beyond that.

As of now...things look awesome.

Curious, is there a way to choose whether something is 4k or HD? I want to try a quick A/B switching
on the screen...

I did. Is all their original content available in 4K? I'm wondering if there is enough source material yet
to warrant the $5/mo extra...and the upcoming increase beyond that.

As of now...things look awesome.

Curious, is there a way to choose whether something is 4k or HD? I want to try a quick A/B switching
on the screen...
Not all of their original content is in 4K, but what is in 4K usually looks stunning. It's well worth the extra money. There may be a way to change the settings somewhere, but not sure where. Depending on your internet speed, it may take a few minutes for it to get to 4K, and if your 700 is like my 800, if you press info on the remote it will tell you what the resolution is streaming at. Check out the Planet Earth, I think 2 is the only one in 4K, but it is stunning, as well as Blue Planet.

Congrats!
Not to worry, you'll get use to "Fake" like picture quality before you know it. I went from 720p on a cheap 8 year old 42" TV to that player and a high end 4k 65"sammy. We too were shocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back