• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sorry no point for this thread

Re: Netflix Streaming Resolution

Sorry if I came off like an ass. It just seemed like a lot of effort debating whether a copuple of highly compressed variable bit rate streaming service are 1080 or 720.

Sorry.

Other than knowing how to change the player to output the max resolution, what's the point of all this?

Sorry I started this thread

Towen7 said:
Sorry if I came off like an ass. It just seemed like a lot of effort debating whether a copuple of highly compressed variable bit rate streaming service are 1080 or 720.

Sorry.
No problem, just the two old guys gumming at each other.

b9371bf7c975aa22b8a7c16bc4761cb3.jpg

.............and this old guy has no access to AT&T Uverse, Verison Fios, etc...............Time Warner sucks......
So whats the point of my thread...........nothing I guess. Sorry to have wasted space.

you shouldnt be, im glad that others are learning from it. dont worry about it bud. :handgestures-thumbup:

thanks to this thread, i finally got my roku working.

the missus thanks you. i hate you tho, because i had to find the flippin ac adapter for this.

i AM tho, happy that i got my tablet to work with it tho. :happy-smileygiantred:

*edited*

where can i find the 'model' or make number of my roku?

theres a setting button for this right?

i have to find that crap...

Barney said:
.............and this old guy has no access to AT&T Uverse, Verison Fios, etc...............Time Warner sucks......
So whats the point of my thread...........nothing I guess. Sorry to have wasted space.

You edited every post? How did we go from "we're good" at 11:30 (your original reply to my apology) to THAT at 2:00 ?!?!?

Towen7 said:
Barney said:

You edited every post? How did we go from "we're good" at 11:30 (your original reply to my apology) to THAT at 2:00 ?!?!?
Well, when you asked what's the point of this thread.....that just "hit me" wrong yesterday.
Me & maybe others may want to know what Netflix app will output 1080P, what movies are 1080P, etc.
I may want to later buy a BR player with the Netflix app & just might would like to have it output 1080P for streaming. Might want to buy a monitor that has the Netflix app & stream 1080P. How would I know which stream 720P & which stream 1080P ?
Also wanted to "remind" folks about their Netflix account & make sure they have the "Best" box checked in their streaming resolution options. Mine somehow became unchecked & Netflix defaults to medium or even lower if I remember right.

I meant no offense man, really. I apologized at the time and I'm doing it again.

I acknowldged that checking that the devices are set to output the max resolution is a good thing. It just seemed that you and MZ were going in circles.

Again... no offense meant.

Back