1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker Enclosure Companies

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Zing, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

Are there companies out there that build custom enclosures for you? If so, would you be so kind to name a few?

2. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

I've seen several sites that will do just that. I'll get you some links when I get back to a computer... Unless some beats me to it.

3. DIYer

DIYer Well-Known Member Famous

You mean just the physical work of making enclosure as you specified or them doing the design (size & shape) per drivers of your choice?

4. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

Zing -

I don't remember the exact name, but -B- had his enclosures custom built. The guy who does the cabinets is a cranky bastard and the URL is something like www.zertyl.com. Guy does fantastic work and will build to you specifications. If you want a 1 1/2" baffle, that's what you get. -B- will remember him well.

Rope

5. Zing

A little of both would be ideal but I suppose I'm looking more for the former than the latter.

6. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

As apposed to what? What are you posting from, a phone?

7. Rope

8. Zing

That link works much better than the zertyl one. Thanks. :handgestures-thumbup:

9. Rope

That's why I typed "something like."

Those folks do quality work, but not inexpensive, and to top it off, the guys kind of a jerk-water.

Rope

10. DIYer

DIYer Well-Known Member Famous

I would think your local cabinet maker would be able to do that for a reasonable price. Former may end up costing much more in which case, why not just buy a speaker kit and assembly it.

11. Towen7

I was on my BlackBerry. I'm home now but for the life of me I cant find the links... :angry-banghead:

12. Towen7

13. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

you kids and your technology