• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SqueezeBox Duet - Controller Options?

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I currently have 2 SB Duets and one of my controllers battery is shot!

I am curious what other options there are besides controlling the duet with the Logitech controller?

I use the web interface on my PC, tablets or phones to control my Squeezebox units most of the time. works the best for me because it gives me instant access to everything available in the SB platform without having to dig through layers of UI hierarchies.

If you have a smartphone, there is probably an app for it Heeman. My battery died on my controller as well, but the app for my android works almost as well. The only thing I miss about it is the scroll wheel.

I mainly use my web browser, which talks directly to the web interface on my squeezebox server. I also have an android app. About the only thing I use the (classic) controller for is pausing the music when I need to get up or talk to someone.

PaulyT said:
I mainly use my web browser...

That's probably the best option as Heeman has a netbook that he doesn't use for much else.

I like the web interface because it is consistent on every device I use. I only had to learn how to use it one time and I can use it from any device in the house that has a web browser. Fast and easy, and no apps to load.

My HTC One controls TV, Home Theater, Squeezebox and ROKU. Don't ask me why I have a Harmony One cause I don't know.

Rope

Rope said:
My HTC One controls TV, Home Theater, Squeezebox and ROKU. Don't ask me why I have a Harmony One cause I don't know.

Rope

My Galaxy S4 came with a decent remote app but I still prefer using my URC remote primarily so I can instantly find the buttons instead of having to unlock the screen etc. but your point is valid.

John

Huey said:
If you have a smartphone, there is probably an app for it Heeman. My battery died on my controller as well, but the app for my android works almost as well. The only thing I miss about it is the scroll wheel.

You don't use your finger to swipe up and down the list? That's what I did on my old phone. I don't have the app on my S3, but am guessing it's more or less the same.

My SB app has the alphabet (A-Z) on the right side of the artist folder list. If I want John Mellencamp, I touch the "J" and the app pulls up all artists folders beginning with the letter "J".

Rope

Yes, I can either scroll down with a swipe, or if I'm lucky, hit the letter I want like Rope does. The letters are just really small, and usually my thick fingers hit the one above or below what I want. I just found that the scroll wheel was easier to use on the duet controller than what was available in my droid app. Very happy that there is a droid app, because the battery died on the controller and I didn't feel like replacing it.

Huey said:
Very happy that there is a droid app, because the battery died on the controller and I didn't feel like replacing it.

I think thats where Heeman is coming from. Problem is that he doesn't use a samtphone (yet). Maybe this will provide the incentive to get one or to dust off that netbook he has laying around.

Towen7 said:
Huey said:
Very happy that there is a droid app, because the battery died on the controller and I didn't feel like replacing it.

I think thats where Heeman is coming from. Problem is that he doesn't use a samtphone (yet). Maybe this will provide the incentive to get one or to dust off that netbook he has laying around.

It would be the bees knees for those of us whose eyesight isn't what it used to be, to have a 7 inch droid tablet running the squeeze center software.

So here is the $10,000 question.

I am using my new Nokia 510. How do I connect to my PC in the Homegroup so that I can access the Logitech Media Server Web App?

I tried to put in the http://127.0.0.9000/ to connect with the Nokia however it does not connect.

Thanks!

That's the wrong IP address.

Find the IP address of the Squeezebox Server and add the :9000 to the end of the IP.

So, if the IP address is 192.168.0.100, then put this into the Nokia web browser: http://192.168.0.100:9000

That's how it works. I use that method all the time.

Fast response, thanks Flint!

I found the IP Address, added the 9000 and entered it in the Web Browser (bing). Doesn't work, all is I get is forum links with similar issues. Is the Web Browser, Bing the correct place to search?

Is your phone connected to your local Wifi or it is it connected to the Internet via your T-Mobile/AT&T/Sprint/Verizon broadband service? You need to be connected via WiFi on your own network for this to work.

You should be on your home WiFi when you are home anyway as it greatly reduces your use of broadband data.

Back