• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SqueezeBox Duet - Controller Options?

One more idea to try and isolate the problem...

Try using your netbook the same way. If you get the "unable to display page" error on both the netbook and the phone we know its a network configuration issue.

I'm lost. I've never had to enter the address on my mobile, I just downloaded the squeezebox app, and it pretty much took over from there. Is this a windows or a droid phone?

Have you tried clearing the cache in your web browser (Explorer). Have you tried another web browser, ie. Firefox?

He's using the web browser on his WiFi connected Windows phone (the SIM has not been activated so there is no chance that he's on the cell network). I suggested the Squeezemote (free) or Squeezebox Control ($3.99) apps from the Windows Phone store but I'm not sure if he installed either.

I see now, thanks Towen. If there is a free app, heeman should try that for sure. Even the $3.99 one is probably worth it.

Using the Netbook, it too, said could not display the page. I refreshed and ...................... there it is!

So, I took the SMARTPHONE, and entered the number and said could not display the page. I refreshed and.................there it is! I pinned the address.

Problem solved, really don't know the root cause????? It could have been the lack of Holiday Cheer???? :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

You are using the web browser and there is nothing wrong with that. But... You can download apps from the Windows Store. Its the little shopping bag icon on the start screen. The app may give you more options and easier control.

You'll need a Microsoft account though. It's free and easy to set up.

Rope said:
heeman said:
So here is the $10,000 question.

I am using my new Nokia 510. How do I connect to my PC in the Homegroup so that I can access the Logitech Media Server Web App?

I tried to put in the http://127.0.0.9000/ to connect with the Nokia however it does not connect.

Thanks!

Here's my $10,000.00 question.
What purpose does connecting to the web based control SB serve?? What is to be accomplished?

Rope

That's the reason for my question concerning the web based control. Couldn't figure out why downloading the app wouldn't serve the purpose.

Rope

Rope said:
Rope said:
heeman said:
So here is the $10,000 question.

I am using my new Nokia 510. How do I connect to my PC in the Homegroup so that I can access the Logitech Media Server Web App?

I tried to put in the http://127.0.0.9000/ to connect with the Nokia however it does not connect.

Thanks!

Here's my $10,000.00 question.
What purpose does connecting to the web based control SB serve?? What is to be accomplished?

Rope

That's the reason for my question concerning the web based control. Couldn't figure out why downloading the app wouldn't serve the purpose.

Rope

:text-imnewhere:

I prefer the web based control for several reasons, the most important is that it is consistent across all of my devices. I don't have to hunt for the phone I installed the app on to quickly get on my Squeeze server and link a couple of devices together and start playing my Christmas playlist. If I get tired of that and find some death metal is more appropriate for the mood of the party, I can grab any device near me and change it. The interface is the exactly the same, my need to master the UI is limited to one interface, and it works no matter what.

That isn't to say an app doesn't have merits. I just like the ease of a universal control via any web browser I happen to have nearby.

Flint said:
I prefer the web based control for several reasons, the most important is that it is consistent across all of my devices. I don't have to hunt for the phone I installed the app on to quickly get on my Squeeze server and link a couple of devices together and start playing my Christmas playlist. If I get tired of that and find some death metal is more appropriate for the mood of the party, I can grab any device near me and change it. The interface is the exactly the same, my need to master the UI is limited to one interface, and it works no matter what.

That isn't to say an app doesn't have merits. I just like the ease of a universal control via any web browser I happen to have nearby.

What he said!! :text-+1:

Back