• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Star Wars ep. VII ... Who's Hyped?

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
Saw the new trailer I gotta say I'm pretty stoked to see this one. Haven't been this excited to see a movie since Empire came out.

Re: Star Wars ep. VII whose hyped

Got my tickets! 12/17. All 18 theaters in the complex here will be showing it on the 17th, and it's now all sold out. Going to be a nightmare parking!

Now to find me Princess Leia buns . . .

I'm excited, and I think Disney is going to do the franchise right, but I'm a little sick of all of the hype. I'll see it, but I'm not going to stand in line to see it.

I'm more than a little excited. I'm not going to wait in line for hours and have to sit in a back row, but I will absolutely see it (probably several times) in a theater unless it happens to suck.

I got my tickets online from the AMC site. I got the Stubs rewards card and go just about every week. The theater here has been refitted and has those nice reclining leather seats and lots of room between. I always get the same seats last row at the top if I can. More room and for me it's the best spot to view.

I'm pretty pumped too. I'm not about to buy advance tickets for it this far out... if I have to wait several days or so, so be it. I want to see what Disney does with the franchise... I'm pretty hopeful that this will be moving things in the right direction.

Excited! My son is SUPER excited. His birthday is a few days before and we'll be having a party at the local theater. It is a crappy old place, but it's the only one that will let us have a party (when they turned the lights on, it was hard not to cringe). The nicer/big places aren't allowing parties since it is going to be in such huge demand.

I'll also probably take him for another viewing (or 2...or 3) at the place with recliners where you can reserve your seats online.

The DirtMerchant said:
It is a crappy old place, but it's the only one that will let us have a party (when they turned the lights on, it was hard not to cringe).

I think our Matt's been in a few of these theaters. :laughing-rolling:

I'm also stoked for this one. Everything about these new trailers have me excited about where the franchise is headed now. I think with Lucas effectively detached from the franchise some fresh new minds and stories can be considered while under proper direction and not being totally about effects and visuals. From what I can tell, The Force Awakens totally nails the look and feel of the Star Wars universe and having many of the original cast can't hurt. By far, the largest obstacles for me with the prequels was the look and tone was just off, and when you add in the awful stories and directing it just added insult to injury. This is right around the corner and I can't wait. Our fairly new theater is already sold out for the opening Thursday and Friday so I'm looking at going that Saturday morning with the kids and some other friends. They have reserved seating so no lines.

Super excited.. but like others, I'm not going to wait in line. I'm too old an crotchety for that now.

But, I also don't want to wait too long so some <insert favorite insult here> leaks the plot and ruins it for me.

And I don't htink Batman went far enough... I feel almost betrayed by Lucas with the prequels. They were complete crap and he basically rubbed it in the each Star Wars fan's nose.

Botch said:
I can hardly wait to see Jar Jar's twin sons in this!

Something I'd seen (not original with me, but don't remember where it's from):

Kylo Ren takes off helmet. Two floppy ears fall down. Lifts up Vader's helmet.

"Meesa avenge you, Ani!"

Akula said:
Botch said:
I can hardly wait to see Jar Jar's twin sons in this!

Something I'd seen (not original with me, but don't remember where it's from):

Kylo Ren takes off helmet. Two floppy ears fall down. Lifts up Vader's helmet.

"Meesa avenge you, Ani!"

:text-banplz:

Both of 'em..

With this and the 46 recipe thread, it's like you're daring me to. :teasing-neener:

I'm going with my son & some of his friends. Not sure what day though. We have a new theater here. Can't wait.

I'm going to hold out and wait for the crowds to die before I go. The trailers have me pumped and the way the last few Marvel films have been (awesome), I'm hoping this one will also exceed my expectations, with Disney at the reins.

This might sound wrong to say this, but I would be up for Disney to do a "reboot" of ep 1-3 if ep 7 turns out to be as good as the original trilogy. I really hated Jar-Jar Binks.

As is my character, I will wait until about 10 years from now and stumble on it on whatever service we get movies from and say to myself "Oh yeah! I forgot about that one! I always wanted to see it." Then watch the latest Marvell Comics movie instead.

I was a ten year old when the original came out and saw it for 54 weeks in a row every Saturday at my local theater I was such a fan. Loved Empire and hated Return of the Jedi. Hated ewoks with a vengeance. Was excited when the prequels came out but like most of you was socked at how bad they were. Thou I loved Darth Maul and felt he should've lived thru all three movies.

Will wait a week to see this as the first weekend will be insane.

Back