• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Starwars: The Rise of Skywalker

The more I think and talk about this movie, the less I like it.

The more I think and talk about this movie, the less I like it.
I think it was just okay, the emotional beats did resonate with me. But I can’t help thinking the movie spent most of its time correcting the mistake/missteps of its predecessor and that’s a shame. TLJ is incredibly divisive and I think that is the sequel trilogy’s biggest sin.

Saw it yesterday on big IMAX screen. Fun, lots of dazzling action and adventure. I kind of stopped caring about any of the mythology or details and just watched it on a purely fluff eye candy level and so I enjoyed it on that level. But I agree with many comments it's a little thin on substance and at this point I just don't really care who is related to who or what family genealogy twists gets thrown into the story line it's just spaceships and light sabers and droids, etc.

Just saw it and will add my voice to those saying it had a certain amount of cheese, but liked it overall. Of the last three, it's the one I like best. I did like there were a LOT of corrections to The Last Jedi. I almost hate that movie.

I saw it as well. It was way to similar to Return of the Jedi. Sequel trilogy was poorly done in my opinion.

I would have loved to see the Thrawn trilogy brought to the big screen.

I have been holding off seeing this until after my cataract surgery on Thursday. Hope it is till in the theater in 10 days.

I thought it was OK. Not bad. But it couldn't have been good with as broken as TLJ was (which I enjoyed more than most, but even so it really put this trilogy in a horrid spot). I was just looking for them to wrap up the story as best as they could. I think they did.

Had they had a unified vision on what story they wanted to tell and how to tell it for this trilogy I think we'd have gotten a much better product. But they just didn't. They let Rian Johnson run with the ball and he took it to places they couldn't come back from all that effectively.

Had they had a unified vision on what story they wanted to tell and how to tell it for this trilogy I think we'd have gotten a much better product. But they just didn't. They let Rian Johnson run with the ball and he took it to places they couldn't come back from all that effectively.

THAT!!

Article about how Colin's screenplay was much different than the movie we saw in Rise of Skywalker. LINK

I didn't hate it, left the theater better feeling than I did after the Last Jedi, but understand the shortcomings of the movie. So wanted Huxley to die a horrible death though. I do have to say though, rewatching The Last Jedi before seeing this, I kind of liked the movie more than when I saw it in the theater. It kind of grows on you after awhile.

Finally saw this one. I didn't think it was overly cheesy except for 3-PO. He just seemed way too dramatic. For the role Leia played I still don't know why she couldn't have died in the last one. It did seem that all the loose ends were tied up unnaturally completely. I do have a few questions that I'll wait for the spoiler thread to ask.

Finally saw this one. I didn't think it was overly cheesy except for 3-PO. He just seemed way too dramatic. For the role Leia played I still don't know why she couldn't have died in the last one. It did seem that all the loose ends were tied up unnaturally completely. I do have a few questions that I'll wait for the spoiler thread to ask.
I watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. It filled all the blanks for a Star Wars movie.

Back