• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sub auto off turning off too quickly..

walls

The auto on/off on the new Daytons cycle off way too quickly imo. Seems if they don't get a signal for 30 seconds or so they will cycle off, haven't really noticed a delay as they seem to power up immediately when the signal returns but I have to believe all this off and on is hard on the amps correct?

Would it be better to just turn them to the on position and leave them on all the time?

If it is that big of a problem you could just turn them on/off.
I had something that used to do that, may have been a sub and I switched to a different input and it apparently saw enough signal to remain on.

I just leave everything always on and control power via a power strip or the 12v trigger.

I just leave everything always on and control power via a power strip or the 12v trigger.

No trips firing everything up at once?

If not, that is a good idea. My Monster power center basically does that in the basement.

I will add, I usually leave most of my gear on all the time unless I am leaving town for more than a day.

Switched them to the on setting, can't imagine they draw that much power while sitting idle.

Switched them to the on setting, can't imagine they draw that much power while sitting idle.

My only complaint about leaving everything on all the time is that occassionally there will something that causes a pop, like the always on signal source like a media streaming stick updating and rebooting.

My only complaint about leaving everything on all the time is that occassionally there will something that causes a pop, like the always on signal source like a media streaming stick updating and rebooting.
I've never had that issue.

I will pay attention and see if i hear anything like that.

So it will not shorten the life of the subs amps to be powered on all the time then?

I've never had that issue.

It's rare, but it occasionally happens. But I leave everything on, volume at whatever setting it was at when I stopped using it last, and the source set the same. When an Echo Dot, Fire TV, or whatever, turns off and on, the audio pops. They usually don't restart like that, but they auto update when not in use, so they reboot after updating and I get the occasional pop.

It's rare, but it occasionally happens. But I leave everything on, volume at whatever setting it was at when I stopped using it last, and the source set the same. When an Echo Dot, Fire TV, or whatever, turns off and on, the audio pops. They usually don't restart like that, but they auto update when not in use, so they reboot after updating and I get the occasional pop.
I no longer have the dot or Ruko hooked up, I use the built in apps on my TV. That could be why I dont get it.

Back