• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sub shopping

mcad64 said:
I would be so excited I would want to get it downstairs...by myself!!
:eusa-whistle:
3290.jpg

In all seriousness, I am torn between one pb12 plus and two pb2000.
I think it was Flint who mentioned years ago that when the fund is limited, pick the one best sub the (limited) money can buy instead of two mediocre ones.

DIYer said:
mcad64 said:
I would be so excited I would want to get it downstairs...by myself!!
:eusa-whistle:
3290.jpg

In all seriousness, I am torn between one pb12 plus and two pb2000.
I think it was Flint who mentioned years ago that when the fund is limited, pick the one best sub the (limited) money can buy instead of two mediocre ones.

Not to sound pompous but the funds aren't the limiting factor, it really is about the size. My wife barely puts up with the Sub I have, the PB2000 is just slightly bigger. The PB12 PLUS is 6 inches deeper, 5 inches wider and two inches higher, just barely fitting under the screen. So if I were to leave it where it currently sits my wife would freak. I am lucky enough that she puts up with my folly as it is, so I don't want to push the matter!!!
Mike

Sounds like the missus needs an un-invitation to the man-cave. NO woman should have so much say as to what goes on in a man-cave...man up dude!! :happy-smileygiantred: :teasing-tease:

mcad64 said:
Not to sound pompous but the funds aren't the limiting factor, it really is about the size. My wife barely puts up with the Sub I have, the PB2000 is just slightly bigger. The PB12 PLUS is 6 inches deeper, 5 inches wider and two inches higher, just barely fitting under the screen. So if I were to leave it where it currently sits my wife would freak. I am lucky enough that she puts up with my folly as it is, so I don't want to push the matter!!!
Mike

Is that same location the best placement?
I've been using my PB-12/2 as a behind the couch table for years.
Damn sure big enough for it. Holds up chip bowls like a champ. Functional chair.
Holds up glasses. It's amazing!

mcad64 said:
Not to sound pompous but the funds aren't the limiting factor, it really is about the size.
In that case, I would pay a local cabinet maker to build a custom enclosure for a kick a$$ diy sub that fits your physical requirements if I were you.

IB subs aren't that hard to build from what I've see -- and any imperfections in the wall cutout (the only part that can be seen) can be hidden by all sorts of grills.

Well , I went ahead and purchased an SVS PB 2000. Form factor wise I think my wife will be happy. Performance wise I am SURE it will be a step up from my Axiom EP350. I just couldn't bare listening to my wife complain about how large the PB12 Plus (as large as i was willing to go) looks in our recroom. I may see if I can get in to work with the ep350 (not sure how easy different subs are to dial in) and if I can the ultimate goal is to have dual PB-2000.
Now I just have to wait for the truck to arrive and do some reps to strengthen my core!!! :teasing-tease:
Mike

mcad64 said:
I just couldn't bare listening to my wife complain about how large the PB12 Plus (as large as i was willing to go) looks in our recroom.

Had a girlfriend long ago who bitched and bitched how big my subwoofer was. So one night I "dressed" it in a pair of her own panties.

And this is why I'm a career bachelor.

:happy-smileygiantred:

Botch said:
mcad64 said:
I just couldn't bare listening to my wife complain about how large the PB12 Plus (as large as i was willing to go) looks in our recroom.

Had a girlfriend long ago who bitched and bitched how big my subwoofer was. So one night I "dressed" it in a pair of her own panties.

Botch,
In 25 years of marriage, I have learned it is all about compromise and picking your battles. She paints the walls whatever colour she wants , I get a new sub...it's all good!! :music-rockout:

Botch said:
mcad64 said:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Back