1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Subwoofer output decreased

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mcad64, Sep 23, 2010.

1. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

I have changed nothing on my system but lately have noticed hardly any sound coming out of my sub unless I really crank it up?
    Check that...I now have NO sound coming out of it and the auto on ORANGE light is not even glowing!!! I see no place to change any sort of fuse? Has my 7 year old Paradigm PDR 10 bitten the dust?? Suggestions??? Besides shopping for a new SVS....way ahead of you!!!!
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

Have you verified the outlet it's connected to is working?

Wiggled its audio cable (on both ends) to ensure it's not faulty? The power cable (on both ends)?

Do you have some other sub you can temporarily connect in an attempt to locate or rule out possible causes?

3. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

Yes sir.

4. Rope

Rope Well-Known Member Famous

If the sub has an auto on feature (turns on when it detects a input signal) and that feature has been selected, flip the toggle switch to on (all the time).

Rope

5. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

What about switching out the outputs on the receiver? Maybe run one of the L or R front outputs from the receiver to verify that the receiver's sub output is still working.

6. MatthewB

MatthewB Grandmaster Pimp Daddy Famous

Remove the amp plate and check the internal fuses. Could be a simple 2.00 fix.

7. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

I recommend stuffing a rat, or some other small animal, in the sub and training it to thump into the woofer at the right moments.

8. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

My 5 year old is very small for her age and is extremely flexible... she is also very musical.....hhhmmmmmm???

9. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

did you kick the tires?

10. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger Well-Known Member

You also have to check the battery terminals, clean the air filter, pour some gasoline into the carb, pump the gas pedal 4 times and then try again. If that fails then you need a new submarine. :twocents-mytwocents:

11. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

Mike what is the status of your sub?

12. malsackj

malsackj Well-Known Member

He cant hear you because he left the screen door open.

13. mcad64

mcad64 Well-Known Member

My sub seems to be working again?? I wonder if it is something flaky with the auto-on sensor thing-a-ma bob, dohicky??
    Mike

14. Orbison

Orbison Well-Known Member

I have frequently found over the years that consumption of a six-pack prior to troubleshooting increases the probability of successful problem resolution. Try it, you'll like it! :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

15. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

Or maybe a corroded or lose connection.