• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Subwoofer output decreased

mcad64

I have changed nothing on my system but lately have noticed hardly any sound coming out of my sub unless I really crank it up?
Check that...I now have NO sound coming out of it and the auto on ORANGE light is not even glowing!!! I see no place to change any sort of fuse? Has my 7 year old Paradigm PDR 10 bitten the dust?? Suggestions??? Besides shopping for a new SVS....way ahead of you!!!!
Thanks
Mike

Have you verified the outlet it's connected to is working?

Wiggled its audio cable (on both ends) to ensure it's not faulty? The power cable (on both ends)?

Do you have some other sub you can temporarily connect in an attempt to locate or rule out possible causes?

If the sub has an auto on feature (turns on when it detects a input signal) and that feature has been selected, flip the toggle switch to on (all the time).

Rope

What about switching out the outputs on the receiver? Maybe run one of the L or R front outputs from the receiver to verify that the receiver's sub output is still working.

I recommend stuffing a rat, or some other small animal, in the sub and training it to thump into the woofer at the right moments.

Flint said:
I recommend stuffing a rat, or some other small animal, in the sub and training it to thump into the woofer at the right moments.
My 5 year old is very small for her age and is extremely flexible... she is also very musical.....hhhmmmmmm???

Razz said:
did you kick the tires?
You also have to check the battery terminals, clean the air filter, pour some gasoline into the carb, pump the gas pedal 4 times and then try again. If that fails then you need a new submarine. :twocents-mytwocents:

My sub seems to be working again?? I wonder if it is something flaky with the auto-on sensor thing-a-ma bob, dohicky??
Mike

Lone Stranger said:
Razz said:
did you kick the tires?
You also have to check the battery terminals, clean the air filter, pour some gasoline into the carb, pump the gas pedal 4 times and then try again. If that fails then you need a new submarine. :twocents-mytwocents:

I have frequently found over the years that consumption of a six-pack prior to troubleshooting increases the probability of successful problem resolution. Try it, you'll like it! :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk:

Back