• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

suggestions on my rack

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I redid my rack to where I can move it to the back of the room. I added some pegboard to the back of the rack so the wiring wouldn't be so obvious and I could organize it a bet better. Here's some "in process" pics, front and back.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

The pegboard doesn't look as light as it does in the pics and I think I might not paint it since it's going to be in the back corner out of view. Because the Onkyo receiver is so deep, I planned on having two separate pieces and the area behind the Onk would just be open. My laserdisc player is deep too, that's why there's a cutout in the top panel.

What do you guys think? Would you still add the bottom piece? I have the material to cut it, but the Onkyo is so close to the bottom, I wonder if the bottom pegboard panel would even be noticed. Still, something just doesn't look right with this addition, so I thought I would post some pics and get some ideas, suggestions, etc. from you guys.

I may go ahead and cut the bottom section and see if that's what it is. Thanks everyone.

Yesfan, if you were a girl the title of this thread would open up a whole world of fun...

Ok as far as the actual thread goes :laughing: could you put a vinyl laminate or something over the pegboard so you don't see all the holes? I think that would give it a bit more of a finished look...

PaulyT said:
Yesfan, if you were a girl the title of this thread would open up a whole world of fun...

I thought maybe Mrs. YF was going in for a little "augmentation".

Very nice looking! My suggestion would be to cut the pegboard to 17" wide (or a little less), so it doesn't stick out beyond the width of the components on each side. And paint it black.

Orbison said:
Very nice looking! My suggestion would be to cut the pegboard to 17" wide (or a little less), so it doesn't stick out beyond the width of the components on each side. And paint it black.

I was going to make exactly the same suggestion.

Put two kegerators, one on each side, with tap hoses that will reach the listening position.

Boobs and beer, doesn't get better.

Rope

Orbison said:

:text-+1:

Looks great Yesfan!

Dennie

Three suggestions on cutting the width down to 17".....Ok, guys thanks. Guess I'll break out the saws again. As for the pegboard, I had an idea of using it to tie back my cabling and making look a little more organized. Anyone ever see those wire claps that just twist together? I think my old Pioneer RPTV had a couple to keep the power cable bundled if you had to roll it to a new location. I thought maybe those would just pop into the peg holes pretty easy. On another note, the rack will be in a corner behind the couch, so I won't have to worry about seeing any light (much less the rack itself) through the pegboard.

Oh yeah......NO sex change. I'm quiet happy with my equipment. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

No augmentation for Ms YF either (sigh).

Yesfan70 said:
Oh yeah......NO sex change. I'm quiet happy with my equipment. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

No augmentation for Ms YF either (sigh).

Be glad nobody requested :banana-gotpics:

Yesfan,

Because you teased us with the title of this thread.
I am entering your picrtures on ratemyrack.com

^^^ I like those, but I don't know if I want to pay $5.32/ea for them. If that price was for a 5pc or 10pc pack, I'd reconsider.

I did get some hook/loop straps and some stick on mounting plates to loop through them from monoprice. I should be alright on that.

Back