• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SVS Expands Full-Range Speaker Lineup

Zing said:
JeffMackwood said:
Assuming that this new SVS product works as described, I, like Flint, feel that $50 is not an unreasonable asking price - especially for those who really want and need the isolation promised by SVS.
If I owned a $99 10" Onkyo subwoofer which sat directly on a hardwood floor and I couldn't (or wouldn't) pay $1000 for a new PSA sub as an upgrade, I may spend a risk-free $50 on some shock-absorbing rubber feet. However, I maintain, if you own a well built sub (and that includes SVS box subs [particularly their Plus and Ultra models]), you won't get any benefit from these new feet.

I think you have it exactly backwards. If you owned a $99 10" Onkyo sub, there isn't anything you could do to make it sound better because it sounds like mud in the first place. The type of sub which would benefit from a good isolation solution is a high quality sub which offers detail, precision, nuance, low distortion and dynamics.

I wouldn't put top of the line racing tires on a entry level Honda Fit. However, if I drove a BMW M5, I imagine upgrading to the best tires would be an improvement.

It's not directly related to the full-range speakers but...

SVS Partners With Its 1st Buying Group

ProSource services resellers and integrators with over 1,000 storefronts. The sell brands like AKG, Anthem, Chief, Control4, Denon, Marantz, and Paradigm. You may begin the SVS bashing now.

Back