• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Taking the Heresys out for a spin

that would lead to edge diffraction issues. most people will not be able to detect this by ear alone.
They use an EV ST35 driver brother to my ST350B driver.
That would/might be true. Simply gluing the face flush with the sides would've been no problem.
My Advents have grills mounted flush to the outer edges (at the front), while my Monitor Audios have grills that cover the front edges (and they're still in the boxes, I'm runnin' nekked). My Tannoy Reveals have no grills.
Might be interesting to look at where the speaker cones themselves align with the front "flat board". Or not. ;)

Might be interesting to look at where the speaker cones themselves align with the front "flat board".
Definitely not in this case, the drivers are all mounted behind the 3/4" baffle. This apparently changed in the Heresy II (and presumably III) where they were mounted from the front instead.

I would love to do a head-to-head comparison between these and the Heresy III - but I don't have $2k to drop on the latter to do this experiment.

Some say they are worlds apart and veils are lifted from one version to the next, the V2 is much closer to the V1 than the V2 is to the V3 (they changed a lot more than the previous upgrade), then with the V4 they added a port.

Many others say there is very little difference from one version to the next and a Heresy sounds like a Heresy.

Crap I didn't even realize there was a v4...

ive always loved heresies.

i hope these will be my 'midlife crisis' car i want in the future.

of course, hitting 50's a while a way.

Apparently the cat likes these speakers too. (And/or Bach piano music.)

DSCF1227-XL.jpg

Good tunes to listen to on these while doing some major cleaning up in this room (which my kids have been begging me to do for a long time... I just haven't had the energy/inspiration).

eric_clapton_unplugged_laserdisc_front_cover.jpg

This is good too... (and no I'm not using vinyl, this was just the best pic I could find)

RACHAEL%2B%2526%2BVILRAY%2Bvinyl%2Bmockup.jpg

^--- FYI That's Rachael Price, singer for Lake Street Dive, and Vilray - guitarist. It's an album of sort of 1930's style late night lounge/bar type songs, at least that's the vibe I get. Great, intimate recording.

I recently bought a pair of Cornwall 4’s, just need to update my amp and turntable and I’ll be good to go. Trying to decide between either the Parasound Hint 6 or a Primoluna Evo 300.
I wish there were a way to audition the two but there is not.

Attachments

• 33752CA9-44E4-4492-9A2A-438A11E56139.jpeg
    33752CA9-44E4-4492-9A2A-438A11E56139.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 19
  • F7C28136-3232-4D4D-8560-706EDB7DD277.jpeg
    F7C28136-3232-4D4D-8560-706EDB7DD277.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 18
I recently bought a pair of Cornwall 4’s, just need to update my amp and turntable and I’ll be good to go. Trying to decide between either the Parasound Hint 6 or a Primoluna Evo 300.

Sexy AF

Damn, just Damn...................nice!!!

Thanks, these are my forever speakers, been a rough five years so this is my gift to myself. Lol

That pic is a few months old, I am currently using the same elite amp but also using my Woo WA2 as a pre amp. It’s good, really good, but I still want to finish the rug with either of the two amps a mentioned.

Thanks, these are my forever speakers, been a rough five years so this is my gift to myself. Lol

That pic is a few months old, I am currently using the same elite amp but also using my Woo WA2 as a pre amp. It’s good, really good, but I still want to finish the rug with either of the two amps a mentioned.
The Hint 6 is a fine intergrated amp. I love my Halo A21 Power Amp. I think the Hint 6 is overkill, however would be nice if in budget.

Know nothing about Primoluna Evo 300, can you demo them.

The Hint 6 is a fine intergrated amp. I love my Halo A21 Power Amp. I think the Hint 6 is overkill, however would be nice if in budget.

Know nothing about Primoluna Evo 300, can you demo them.
Looking for a “warm” sounding amp and the Hint6 seems to play really well with the CW’s.
also looking into the Willsenton R8 and even thought about some 70’s Marantz like the 2220.

Back