• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Ted Nugent harassed by feds

The feds normally do that to anyone who threatens any US politicians.
Go Feds. :eusa-clap:

Sorry I'm late to this thread, been busy concealing my lever action machine guns. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Rope

Botch said:
The feds normally do that to anyone who threatens any US politicians.
Go Feds. :eusa-clap:

I think you're mistaking this issue for those comments that Ted made at the NRA convention:

Nugent described the Obama administration as a “vile, evil America-hating administration” that is “wiping its ass with the Constitution” while telling the crowd that “we need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November.” Nugent also claimed that “If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.

Ted has been cleared by Secret Service following an interview.

The guy has always been off his rocker. It started long ago when he contracted that illness...

how-to-solve-cat-behavior-problems-4.jpg

I may not agree with everything Ted says, but I respect him for standing up for what he believes in. I guess free speech is dead!

Huey said:
I may not agree with everything Ted says, but I respect him for standing up for what he believes in. I guess free speech is dead!

Free speech doesn't mean free of consequence. Nugent has not had his speech limited in any way but when you say inflammatory things that draw attention to yourself you can't get mad when people you don't like start paying attention too.

Free speech is alive and well you just need to stop thinking that you can say whatever you want and there be no repercussions to saying them.

AMEN Deacon!!!!!
Ted spent so many years in the limelight of fame, being able to get away with ridiculous behavior. Just like many celebrities, they feel invincible and above reproach. Although I understand how they get this way - it doesn't change the fact that eventually its gonna bite you in the ass!

Then it is not free speech then, it's speech with consequences. Again, I don't agree with what he said, but how much you want to bet that he has a tax audit coming sometime in the near future.

Wait...

Ted has said and done a LOT of stupid things. That's for sure.

But are we saying that because he draws attention to himself that he SHOULD be harassed by Federal aggents for unrelated issues?

Semantics, Huey!
If you're gonna act like an ass, then you have EVERY RIGHT to. But expect to be treated in kind. "Free Speech" should always go in conjunction with The Golden Rule.
As much as I like Fred Bear - THE GUY IS A WACK JOB!!!

:eek:

Towen7 said:
Wait...

But are we saying that because he draws attention to himself that he SHOULD be harassed by Federal aggents for unrelated issues?

While I agree SOMEWHAT with that...
Saying incendiary and threatening things about people goes a little bit beyond "drawing attention to himself"!
He wants to draw attention to himself, but only if its good attention that agrees with him and suits his opinion! Sorry - it doesn't work that way!
If I were to wear an alluring perfume to attract a man, I will probably attract some bees that sting also!
You can't thrust (heh heh..I said thrust) your beliefs on the public and then get surprised when not everyone agrees with you!

No-L said:
Towen7 said:
Wait...

While I agree SOMEWHAT with that...
Saying incendiary and threatening things about people goes a little bit beyond "drawing attention to himself"!
He wants to draw attention to himself, but only if its good attention that agrees with him and suits his opinion! Sorry - it doesn't work that way!
If I were to wear an alluring perfume to attract a man, I will probably attract some bees that sting also!
You can't thrust (heh heh..I said thrust) your beliefs on the public and then get surprised when not everyone agrees with you!

It's more than people not agreeing, he lost work because of it. It's a slippery slope for sure.

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-tappingfoot:

DAMMIT!!!!!!!! After all this hoopla - look what you made me go and buy!!!!

Ted-Nugent-Album-Cover.jpg

No-L said:
DAMMIT!!!!!!!! After all this hoopla - look what you made me go and buy!!!!
Ah HA! It's working. Ted's not so stupid after all.

The only bad publicity is no publicity.

Ted thanks you for your patronage.

Back