• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

That upgrade itch

bmwuk

I've got it bad. Saving for some new mains. Hoping by Father's Day. Anyone else looking for an upgrade?

I seem to always have GAS. I'd like to get a 2 channel amp but the ones I've seen are out of my price range.

Just sent the money for an Auralic Altair to replace my Auralic Aries Mini for my main system. At the same time, selling off extra gear accumulated over years that I no longer really use. The circle of life.

I pretty much upgraded my whole system last year, speakers and electronics. Now I just need to get a 4K Dolby Vision TV and some RPG Modex room treatments.

You can look for used gear here also, I have sold and bought from them in the past:

http://tmraudio.com/

Cool to hear you've used them. I ran across their site a couple days ago and noticed an Outlaw 7125. I could swap that out with the Anthem in the HT and be set in there. Then I'd have to decide between moving the Anthem back to the living room where only three of five channels would be used but I'd then have matching Anthem pre/pro and amp. While I should be able to sell the Anthem for more than the Outlaw, I'd probably take a pretty big hit given what I paid for it. If I kept it I'd then have two less expensive stereo amps to sell. They wouldn't cover the cost of the Outlaw but I'd be losing less money selling those. I hate making decisions...

Cool to hear you've used them. I ran across their site a couple days ago and noticed an Outlaw 7125. I could swap that out with the Anthem in the HT and be set in there. Then I'd have to decide between moving the Anthem back to the living room where only three of five channels would be used but I'd then have matching Anthem pre/pro and amp. While I should be able to sell the Anthem for more than the Outlaw, I'd probably take a pretty big hit given what I paid for it. If I kept it I'd then have two less expensive stereo amps to sell. They wouldn't cover the cost of the Outlaw but I'd be losing less money selling those. I hate making decisions...

If you see something you are interested in, you can call them, they will negotiate.

I'd love to have that anthem for my system upstairs, or really any good quality 5 channel amp,but I don't know where i would put it.

I do have a question. You are running some incredible speakers, especially the fronts. Does the outlaw serve to push those cleanly? I mean those are bad a** speakers from all accounts. Just curious your thoughts.

Back