• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Dark Knight Rises!!

Batman

Staff member
Famous
There you have it!! The title for the next Nolan directed bat-flick is now revealed...It will be released in July of 2012. Let the countdown begin! :handgestures-thumbup:

Oh yeah and NO Riddler... :|

:text-link:

Nolan is one of the best at not leaking any info ahead of when he wants info to be released. The only thing I know is they are currently in casting calls for a female lead, which to me = Catwoman. That's my take until I hear otherwise...I also think he may introduce other characters in the same manner as the last two movies, in which he somehow placed them in the story w/o them seeming like an afterthought or stealing screentime from Batman.

Also since at the end of TDK, Batman took the fall for Harvey's wrong-doings, expect this story to be about Batman's redemption in the eyes of Gotham's citizens...

Well heres the thread where I will take a beating. :D

I cant stand Bale as Batman, his voice makes me NUTS!!! Also IMHO Dark Night was slightly over rated but I will admit that Joker was awsome.

I'm with you walls. The grunting voice Bale uses when speaking as Batman was particularly annoying in TDK.

walls said:

I cant stand Bale as Batman, his voice makes me NUTS!!! Also IMHO Dark Night was slightly over rated but I will admit that Joker was awsome.
Blasphemy!! :text-lol: Bale's voice as it was portrayed in The Dark Knight specifically is not entirely his fault. The mixers dropped his voice several registers in editing and this has been one of that films largest complaints which has been documented in article after article in the trades...I thought it was distracting in TDK the first time I saw it and have since gotten used to it, however I thought his voice was perfect in Batman Begins. When thinking about casting for the Batman character it is important to remember that the most important aspect is who is the best choice to portray Bruce Wayne not so much the guy in the cape and cowl...I'll give you that Ledger's Joker was a home run that I'm not sure even Nolan saw coming.

walls said:

I maintain people still have no real concept of the impact of Heath Ledgers death. What a terrible loss in the perfomance arena.

Rope

I know who the new baddie is gonna be, Seems Nolan was in a theater last year on opening night of "TDK" and saw this one guy seemingly lose his mind in a very short timespan when the kid in the wheelchair sitting next to him had his breathing tube get accidently dislodged and the kid made these horrible gurgling sounds. Well this mild mannared young man who had waited what seemed like years for this very special night and made sure to get opening night tickets went ballistic and his savage strengtth actually made an indentation on the armrest of the theater chair. Although his beautiful caring wife was next to him, to try and calm him down.....it was to no avail. Nolan saw the transformation right in front of him and knew he had his next villain.

Now Nolan could see the sheer anger in this man and knew the evil and destruction that lurked within. You could only imagine how off kilter one person could get at seeing a movie, but alas this man took his love of the man in black to a whole new level of infatuation. Think the character's gonna be called "Anti Bats or Chris...something like that" but should be good none the less with Nolan in charge.

:teasing-neener:

Bats in all seriousness, i was wastching this show that just premiered last week on SciFi "Hollywood Treasure" and click this link (episode 101 and start to watch at 12:50 mark) this guy has a Batman collection that would make you very jealous. His Heath Ledger prop is amazing.

Here's the link to the episode. (You have to click "Let the Bidding begin" to load the epsiode")

http://www.syfy.com/rewind/hollywoodtreasure

MatthewB said:
I know who the new baddie is gonna be, Seems Nolan was in a theater last year on opening night of "TDK" and saw this one guy seemingly lose his mind in a very short timespan when the kid in the wheelchair sitting next to him had his breathing tube get accidently dislodged and the kid made these horrible gurgling sounds. Well this mild mannered young man who had waited what seemed like years for this very special night and made sure to get opening night tickets went ballistic and his savage strength actually made an indentation on the armrest of the theater chair. Although his beautiful caring wife was next to him, to try and calm him down.....it was to no avail. Nolan saw the transformation right in front of him and knew he had his next villain.

Now Nolan could see the sheer anger in this man and knew the evil and destruction that lurked within. You could only imagine how off kilter one person could get at seeing a movie, but alas this man took his love of the man in black to a whole new level of infatuation. Think the character's gonna be called "Anti Bats or Chris...something like that" but should be good none the less with Nolan in charge.

:teasing-neener:
I still feel very bad for venting my frustration about that night. Probably sent a horrible message about my own character when I described my feelings. Although my rant was targeted at the kid's parents, my line of thinking was totally WRONG. As I would've probably done the same for my own kid(s) were he disabled similarly... :oops:

MatthewB said:
Bats in all seriousness, i was wastching this show that just premiered last week on SciFi "Hollywood Treasure" and click this link (episode 101 and start to watch at 12:50 mark) this guy has a Batman collection that would make you very jealous. His Heath Ledger prop is amazing.

Here's the link to the episode. (You have to click "Let the Bidding begin" to load the epsiode")

http://www.syfy.com/rewind/hollywoodtreasure
Matt thanks for the link!! The amazing thing about some of his collection is that he makes a lot of his own props!!! Amazing talent.... :handgestures-thumbup:

Bats, when you told that story, I don't think any of us thought any less of you. For some strange reason, I think we all could understand in one way or another. I was just teasing you.

Mother #%*@er!!!!!! This just made my day!!!! It's official, The Dark Knight Rises is due to hit theaters July 20, 2012. Anne Hathaway has been cast as Catwoman, and Tom Hardy (Inception) will be Bane, one of Batman's deadliest enemies when he's juiced up on the drug "venom." :text-link:

I can hardly contain myself!! And I know which weekend my 4.0 GTG will be :happy-smileygiantred:

Ahhh shucks, no Maggot Gyllenhaal. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Anne Hathaway gives me a bluie. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Rope said:
Ahhh shucks, no Maggot Gyllenhaal. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Anne Hathaway gives me a bluie. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

yes...most people don't realize that brokeback mountain has her tata's because they are phobes. Talk about Ledger's acting props, he was really good in it......did I mention Ann's puppies?

Latest rumors have Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard tied to this movie now. IMDB actually lists JGL, so I'm fairly confident he's confirmed though his role has not been revealed. Apparently some big newspaper in France has Marion Cotillard as signed too, and it would make sense since many of these actors have worked with Nolan in the past (Inception)...

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt.jpg

Marion_Cotillard.jpg

Back