• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The division starts tomorrow

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
after three years, this game finally is going to be released tomorrow.

there has not been a game i have been anticipating as much as this and fallout 4.

Please post your thoughts later this week. I am somewhat interested but have read mixed reviews. Maybe I'll buy it if you like it.

if you are looking for a straight up third person shooter, this is not it.

this is more or less an always online game (similar to destiny), but also RPG based. which makes it more or a number game. once you rank up a bit, and get better items or loot, you get to become 'better'.

i like this type of format, in a way its a deviat to RPG games like Fallout was in its day.

did you get to participate in the beta by chance? that is a great representation of what you want to see in it.

id also suggest to watch more videos, so you can find out if its up your alley or not.

me, ive already decided after the beta, and after three years of waiting. :happy-smileygiantred:

Also played the beta and loved it!!

Playing with a group definitely helps.

You on Xbone, PS4 or PC Jomari?? I'm currently playing with a group of 3 and we need a solid 4th player.

We're all on Xbone.

D

My (nearly) 13yo pre-ordered it with a bunch of trade-ins. He is really looking forward to it also. If you're ever in need of a player, hit him up...."Batman0837", he's become a pretty good gamer.

Doghart said:
Also played the beta and loved it!!

Playing with a group definitely helps.

You on Xbone, PS4 or PC Jomari?? I'm currently playing with a group of 3 and we need a solid 4th player.

We're all on Xbone.

D

D im on ps4. bummer dude... :angry-banghead:

Batman said:
My (nearly) 13yo pre-ordered it with a bunch of trade-ins. He is really looking forward to it also. If you're ever in need of a player, hit him up...."Batman0837", he's become a pretty good gamer.

hey bats, is he on ps4 or xbox one?

if hes on ps4 I can add him on too if ever.

just finished a run in it. been a busy day at work, so im taking tomorrow off.

having a bit more difficulty (changed difficulty to hard, duh!) at times frustrated, but made me realize, this is indeed, a RPG based game. no one shot headshots.

still beautiful, and such a great game, once i get myself leveled up more.

servers went down for maintenance today, 10pm pst...

played all the way to the end towards the system abruptly shutting down on me. at least they've informed us of it. its my fault that i pushed it all the way to the end. i couldnt help it!

anyways, it was up to me opening up the security wing, i hope that when i boot up tomorrow, it will 'reflect' my progress.

anyways, day 2 and i love it. at times, it has problems with matchmaking, but i know its okay, servers are probably still 'adjusting' etc.

im 'feeling' better now, my character is at level 8 i think, and im getting through it better. learning more about my firearms, and enjoying it.

the only thing i like out of the preorder agent origins package is the paramedic backpack (it gives you 2 more medkits, two! and if you start upgrading your medic wing, it also stacks - i have 6 medkits. :D)

oh of course, the short barrel shotgun. i forgot its name.

anyways, see you on the flipside.

I downloaded this game over the weekend. Was on a guys golf trip and we got rain for a full day so we were bored and played this alot. We have just been playing with one player, not online with others. It's pretty hard but also fun. I think I am on level 5. Do I need to be using this matchmaker thing to have other users helping me on these missions?

AndySTL said:
I downloaded this game over the weekend. Was on a guys golf trip and we got rain for a full day so we were bored and played this alot. We have just been playing with one player, not online with others. It's pretty hard but also fun. I think I am on level 5. Do I need to be using this matchmaker thing to have other users helping me on these missions?

yes, and in a way, no.

the main problem with matchmaking, is that the enemies that are on it, are going to be set at the highest ranked player in your team.

for example,

Andy - lvl 5
John - lvl 10
Smith - lvl 15,

you will essentially be going up agains PVE that are ranked lvl 15, and not within your current level. Thats the tricky part.

you can either, go guns ablazing, or hang back, let them take command and you end up racking up points by simply freeloading. in this case, its the latter that seems to be the sad reality.

benefits -
big big jump in gaining xp point
cons -
as much as you get some DP cash, some really good weapons and drops (loot the enemies give you), you'd probably wont be able to use them since they are scaled to lvl 15 (if we stick to the original example)

i dont mind if you want me to help you out on it, but i also dont want you to lose the experience as well.

one piece of advise tho, send a message first, or an invite to someone before JOINING their group or squad.

for example, if i was in a middle of a mission, and you suddenly joined in, 2 things would happen
1. successfully you join up, and we continue OR
2. i end up restarting EVERYTHING on that mission. big bummer of course.

id suggest using matchmaking, and pull out if at times you are stuck with lvl 30s or what nots. or invite people. im sure they'd join up if theyre just free loading.

to be honest, im almost done with the game. let me know if you'd like to rack up xp points, id be more than willing to help out and just rack and stack for you. might take some time, and yes, im uncomfortable with the mic at times, but im more than willing to.

nope. i dont do dead zone. did it once, it was fun, but also not my cup of tea. unbalanced, and somewhat something to expect from a PVP standpoint. im a battlefield kinda guy, where we squad up, stay loyal and pretty much have no friendly fire for money or points. homie dont play that.

I'm starting to get the hang of it. It's at the point where I am really having fun now. Still a few things I don't understand but I am able to work around it. Level 7 now and just kind of randomly selecting missions and encounters etc...

One thing I kind of hate is that you cant save your game in the middle of a mission. Unless I am not understanding that.

AndySTL said:
I'm starting to get the hang of it. It's at the point where I am really having fun now. Still a few things I don't understand but I am able to work around it. Level 7 now and just kind of randomly selecting missions and encounters etc...

One thing I kind of hate is that you cant save your game in the middle of a mission. Unless I am not understanding that.

in general, once you start, you have to finish, or at least get to a certain check point. otherwise, you're screwed and have to replay it over again.

offers up till maybe the end of the week, I plan on hitting up new games, or even go back to fallout 4 again. im glad you are enjoying it tho.

Played it for a while after getting worn out on Destiny. I liked it but the missions got pretty repetitive (certainly not unique to this game). Dark Zone made things interesting. Since new DLC dropped for Destiny I have switched back.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I never got too far into it. The guy I play with got busy with work and family stuff so my time on the game kinda fell off. I never got into Destiny, but I do own it. Maybe I should try it again?

major patch coming in patch 1.4.

Anyone still playing? This is pretty much the only game I play right now even though I am demoted to "weekend warrior" status because of work schedule lately.

Still running in a group of 3 needing a solid 4th for running the DZ and incursions

Played it for a while after getting worn out on Destiny. I liked it but the missions got pretty repetitive (certainly not unique to this game). Dark Zone made things interesting. Since new DLC dropped for Destiny I have switched back.
monkey, where you playing on? PS4, PC, Xbone?

love to get your PSN ID if ever.

I kinda quit on this one. it did get repetitive, but bluntly said, im too chicken to play MP. I tried it several times, but got CB'd a lot of times, and I got frustrated by it. Ownage came by too often and too painful.

PVP ownage in the Dark Zone is pretty brutal if you don't have a high level 4-man squad. Guys just walk right through you. I have pretty much abandoned Division although I liked the game. Playing a little more Destiny recently after new DLC dropped (new raid, light level bump and some grind worthy treats) when I can find time but still not playing as much as I would like. Too much baseball parenting, transporting, spectating (my own kid) and coaching (other kids) plus work schedule madness lately. No time for proper video gaming.

Back