• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Netflix Thread

I have lost interest in most theatrical movies, anyway. So I don't want Netflix making a short 2 hour movie, I'd rather they produce multi-episode shows where they can explore the characters and stuff. A good example of this was the amazing TV production of Pride and Prejudice by the BBC and the A&E network which was produced to the same standards as a proper movie, was too short for a TV series, but pretty faithfully incorporated the entire novel. With major actors, top notch production quality, and amazing writing, it was a champ and when I saw it my mind was changed forever about the limited theatrical movie format. Sure, The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings managed to accomplish the same thing in a theatrical production, but those are rare.

So, I don't care what the Academy of Motion Arts does with their Oscar awards show. I am fine if they ban made for home viewing shows, because I really love those shows more often than I do theatrical releases. In fact, I very rarely browse the "movies" sections of Amazon Prime, Netflix, or Hulu.

Truth is I really don't care either. Long as they keep producing stuff other then silly comic book movies I'm happy.

^^ The studios need those tent pole type movies to produce and fund projects that otherwise stand little chance of getting made.

Made through half the season of Lost in Space today during a rainy day. Not bad, not spectacular, but I’m enjoying it enough to finish it.

Oh, and it’s streaming 4K via Appletv, Huey had mentioned in the OP that it wasn’t available in 4k. So not sure what that’s about.

Oh, and it’s streaming 4K via Appletv, Huey had mentioned in the OP that it wasn’t available in 4k. So not sure what that’s about.
It seems I'm having problems with my internet, or at least the powerline adapters. I was able to get a 4k signal after resetting some stuff last night, although it was still bouncing around between resolutions.

We got through episodes 3 and 4 last night, and I gotta say episode 4 seemed to at least nod to the 90's movie with them flying through the glacier. Also, did I miss something? Have they ever explained why they have a black daughter?

Wife and I have one episode left, and while we still are enjoying it, ever since they hooked up with the other survivors, it just hasn't had the same feel. I also not a fan of them stopping whatever they are doing in a crisis situation to have a conversation. Also, anybody else a little creeped out with the age difference between Don and Judy? In the original series, they hooked up and I believe ended up getting married, and this show is showing signs of a close relationship between the two. I think at some point early in the series, she said she was 17 almost 18, and he looks 30. Looking him up, he is in fact 36.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but Don was reminding me of someone. Then it hit me last night. He sounds, and some of his mannerism's, like Oscar Isacc

Back