• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The New SVS?

I noticed the change to their website a few months ago. They have also changed their prices to include shipping.

A whole different team from what I knew a few years back. The boss man Gary, he's from Bose right ? Wonder why they don't say that when talking about him.

I have deep concerns about their direction as a company and somehow suspect that the quality will go down as the prices and hype go up.

Haywood said:
I have deep concerns about their direction as a company and somehow suspect that the quality will go down as the prices and hype go up.
Do you mean more than it has already?

I think their quality has been on the decline for the last 4-5 years. I also think the original PB13 was the last of the traditional SVS products. Each new model since - whether speaker or sub - seems to be made with cheaper components and materials.

Has there been a new SVS product since the PB13?

I guess the Legatto system may count but From what I can tell it's just 2 repurposed subs and an outboard processor.

Not a new product per se but redesigns of existing products. The new amp in their subs, the new tweeters and drivers in their speakers and some of the box designs have changed too.

FredtheFilmFan said:
So what's the option, HSU?
If you want astonishing, stellar performance like you used to get from SVS, Flint's right, especially in terms of value. There are a few options out there but they're either insanely expensive (like the Paradigm Sub 2 or JL Gotham 213) or insanely large (like the Elemental Designs A7-900 - which would make the largest SVS sub look like a Bose cube). Aside from the DIY option being significantly less money, it's very likely you'd get better performance than the most expensive of subs.

Take Flint's IB setup for example - I think he's got something like $450 into it and it cranks out 150dB at 4Hz or some crazy shit like that. There's a rumor floating around that at Flint's last GTG, his subwoofer played so loud and so low that it induced a bowel movement in MattB. :teasing-tease:

Haywood said:

Tom V called it when he jumped ship!

Rope

FredtheFilmFan said:
So what's the option, HSU?
A PM to TomV? I really want him to start a new company. I would love to help him start a new company.

John

Rope said:
Haywood said:

Tom V called it when he jumped ship!

Rope
You got that right...........remember where I posted some pics of his home hobbie "building Chevy's"....he has a very nice garage w/lifts.
He said he was going to do something.........he couldn't say what was going on at SVS...........
What was the other guys name that started the company along with Tom ? Is he there still ?
Yeah, Zing, your right, I remember now.......Gary was with Monster not Bose.....sorry Bose but ya'll are still overpriced shit !

Barney said:
What was the other guys name that started the company along with Tom ? Is he there still ?
Ron Stimpson. And I'm not sure if he is or not. I have not heard or seen his name - or that of Ed Mullen - mentioned in the last year.

FredtheFilmFan said:
Rope said:
With a little research Tom Vodhanel's non compete agreement has expired and he's in the process of forming a new company, Power Sound Audio

Rope

Blue on a grey background is really hard to read. Just sayin'. Good to know about the new company, though.

My background is a darker blue, so it worked out just fine for me. :teasing-tease:

Remember when SVS was going to come out with a higher level line than the M-series? I believe it was the L-series, after this amount of time that project must have been deep sixed.

Back