• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The New SVS?

Ed Mullen is still with SVS he posts pretty regular in regards to SVS over at AVSForums. Just last week he posted something.

no one commented on HSU subs? (For those of us that don't have the know-how to built something ourselves of any quality

Thankfully, my PB12-Plus/2 is only about five years old, so I should be able to go another ten to fifteen years before I need another sub.

Nufan said:
no one commented on HSU subs? (For those of us that don't have the know-how to built something ourselves of any quality

I've got a Hsu VTF15 in the theater and it outperforms the SVS 20-39PC+ that I had in there before. That may be because I could not place the SVS and the Hsu in the same spot (in front of the screen) because of the height of the cylinder. In my room the only available place for a sub is the front right corner and along the front stage. The spot just inside the left speaker measured considerable flatter than the corner.

Towen7 said:
Nufan said:

I've got a Hsu VTF15 in the theater and it outperforms the SVS 20-39PC+ that I had in there before. That may be because I could not place the SVS and the Hsu in the same spot (in front of the screen) because of the height of the cylinder. In my room the only available place for a sub is the front right corner and along the front stage. The spot just inside the left speaker measured considerable flatter than the corner.
It makes sense that the reponse is flatter but I'd be curious to know what you lost in the way of output below 20Hz now that your sub is no longer in a gain-producing corner.

Rope wrote:
Haywood wrote:
I have deep concerns about their direction as a company and somehow suspect that the quality will go down as the prices and hype go up.

Tom V called it when he jumped ship!

Rope

Hey Rope, been a while! If you only knew... They have enough problems though so I'm just focusing on Power Sound.

On that front----a short press release soon, website will be up soon after, pre-orders begin...yadda yadda. Don't expect a 1000 page site filled with hyperbole, everything built overseas, and the biggest banners on the net. Just solid values.

Tom Vodhanel
PowerSoundAudio

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Welcome, Tom! That's exciting news, and I know we all look forward to your new offerings. Definitely keep us posted!

Sweet!

I an going to be in the market for a sub. I am so looking for a really good sub once I get some things worked out.

So are their speakers being built with different components, drivers. Is their speakers design the same, or are they using cheaper material, and build quality?

I used to think their SBS series was a very good choice for an entry level system, or for a small room. Is it still?

Tom V. said:
Rope wrote:
Haywood wrote:
I have deep concerns about their direction as a company and somehow suspect that the quality will go down as the prices and hype go up.

Tom V called it when he jumped ship!

Rope

Hey Rope, been a while! If you only knew... They have enough problems though so I'm just focusing on Power Sound.

On that front----a short press release soon, website will be up soon after, pre-orders begin...yadda yadda. Don't expect a 1000 page site filled with hyperbole, everything built overseas, and the biggest banners on the net. Just solid values.

Tom Vodhanel
PowerSoundAudio

I'm always willing to be a test mule :happy-smileygiantred: I have a knack for writing as well.....

Nufan said:

I just sold the one I bought in 06. Never a problem and still performed great, just didn't use it anymore.

Glad to see Tom V is still at it.
Also noted over at AVS....Tom's new business should be up & running within a week & taking orders....

Hi Barney, been a LONG time..:)

Still have a couple old hot rods, finished a couple and moved them. I seem to like working on them more then cruising lately?

Oh yeah....power sound audio site is up,

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Tom V. said:
Hi Barney, been a LONG time..:)

Still have a couple old hot rods, finished a couple and moved them. I seem to like working on them more then cruising lately?

Oh yeah....power sound audio site is up,

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Damn fine looking subs, if I may say so, and I'll bet the sound better than they look!!

Rope

>>>Damn fine looking subs, if I may say so, and I'll bet the sound better than they look!!

Rope<<<

Thank you Rope. We didn't want our first product line to be another ~cookie cutter, vinyl wrapped, made in asia" offering. There are plenty of those(and a few are damn fine values!). So going with something different style wise was important to us...as was sourcing the cabinets in America. There is always a balance to be found between ultimate output, style, point of origin,ect....but I think we did fairly well.(no bias here..:)

Performance wise, I would suggest you are quite correct!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Maybe Tom V. can send a couple of demo sub's down to Bat's GTG in Delaware in a couple of weeks for us to try out???? :happy-smileygiantred: I can't think of a better marketing strategy.......... :text-+1:

Back