• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Official Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice Thread

Batman

Staff member
Famous
I've been keeping an eye out on this one since its official announcement. There was a little teaser released today via Zach Snyder, this precedes the first official full length trailer which is due out this coming Monday at select IMAX theaters and hopefully online simultaneously. It is rumored to be attached to The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Mad Max: Fury Road as well. I'm sure it will latch on to other flicks in time. Attaching it along with the Avengers only helps both movies as it's just gonna get more people to rush out to see The Avengers faster and in turn that many more people will be exposed to BvS...more thoughts and pics to come.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1a4xO6_EY[/youtube]

I need nothing more than this image right here to know the director GETS Batman.....doesn't mean by any measure that the movie is guaranteed to be great, but I'm a believer until the end credits roll and I make my final judgement. This makes me absolutely STOKED!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,171
BTW, some douche that bootlegged the trailer forced WBs hand in releasing the official trailer early....and here it is. The IMAX version (due to release this coming Monday) is rumored to have a couple extra goodies, I was able to secure 2 passes but the damn theater is an hour away. I'll probably go :happy-smileygiantred:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw[/youtube]

I took the ~1hr drive with my youngest son Zachary to see the new trailer in IMAX. There were 4 perks for attending, a filmed intro and "Thank You" from director Zack Snyder, 2 posters (attached), exclusive footage that is at the end of the trailer, but most importantly, we will receive tickets to see the movie for FREE an entire week before the official release date next March! Call me crazy for spending 2.5 hrs to see a two minute trailer but my son and I had a great little outing and we're making memories.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 1,137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 1,137
That looks ............Batman vs Superman......."do you bleed ?"..............NOOOOOO ! They can't be enemy's !
Gotta see this.

I loved the thought of Afleck as Bruce Wayne from the start and I love that it seems like Snyder is shooting for Millers version of the Batman.

I know that the general big budget movie crowd is more excited about the Avengers, but this is the movie I can't wait to see!!

Hey Batman,
Wish I didn't have such a hard time posting pics here, I just acquired the DC Direct 1/2 scale Batman and Joker busts. They. Are. Sweet. Lol!

I'd love to see pics of those Walls, I see so many statues and such at the local store, I'm not sure which ones exactly you're speaking of but chances are I've seen them at some point.

I've never had an issue with the Afleck casting, some of these "fanbois" get a vision in their minds of what a depiction of a particular character should be and if the reality doesn't sync with what their vision is, they get all bent out of shape (and that's putting it lightly). I mean I understand being disappointed but to the level some idiots take it and drawing conclusions BEFORE seeing the finished product I'm not sure I'll ever relate to completely. Take the upcoming Flash project, I'm not sure I understand the Ezra Miller casting, but I'm not gonna write off and boycott the movie before seeing it. But back to Afleck, his recent track record between acting and/or directing depict a pretty high level of quality material for the most part. I have a lot of faith that if the story and directing in BvS is good, his performance will be solid. :twocents-mytwocents:

Im trying so hard not to dig in this thread.

I will enjoy this movie, take it as is and have faith in it.

fan boys can scream and shout all thy want about how who when its supposed to be done. Its a film based on a directors, production company, and pretty much other variables that will determine ts outcome. We can only hope it can be faithful to a certain extent.

Batman said:
I'd love to see pics of those Walls, I see so many statues and such at the local store, I'm not sure which ones exactly you're speaking of but chances are I've seen them at some point.

I've never had an issue with the Afleck casting, some of these "fanbois" get a vision in their minds of what a depiction of a particular character should be and if the reality doesn't sync with what their vision is, they get all bent out of shape (and that's putting it lightly). I mean I understand being disappointed but to the level some idiots take it and drawing conclusions BEFORE seeing the finished product I'm not sure I'll ever relate to completely. Take the upcoming Flash project, I'm not sure I understand the Ezra Miller casting, but I'm not gonna write off and boycott the movie before seeing it. But back to Afleck, his recent track record between acting and/or directing depict a pretty high level of quality material for the most part. I have a lot of faith that if the story and directing in BvS is good, his performance will be solid. :twocents-mytwocents:

I probably fall in the camp that didn't want Afleck, but it was more because Bale has done such a solid job being Batman. Nothing against Afleck, I like most of the stuff he is in, just hard to picture anybody else in the Batsuit after Bale. Either way, looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out.

Bale was really good and the Bale/Nolan interpretation was by far the most respectful towards the character of Bruce Wayne (and Batman too but they deviated quite a bit from the comics). But the franchise will and should go on, just like Bond/007. Keaton's and Bale's performances will live on forever. Whether Ben Afleck sucks or not, the next person to take the role will ALWAYS have big shoes to fill because people will remember those other movies and the dedication of those actors.

I for one love Miller's depiction of Batman as a physically bigger, borderline body-builder sized crime fighter. All of the on-screen Batmen were a little small. Even Bale, as fit as he is, looked like a dude in a suit. The limited footage we've seen of Ben's costume looks a lot more like I'd like. A lot closer to the Miller Dark Knight.

Towen7 said:
I for one love Miller's depiction of Batman as a physically bigger, borderline body-builder sized crime fighter. All of the on-screen Batmen were a little small. Even Bale, as fit as he is, looked like a dude in a suit. The limited footage we've seen of Ben's costume looks a lot more like I'd like. A lot closer to the Miller Dark Knight.

I agree on this one, millers interpretation reminds me of that older superman guy on tv. Those 50s kinda American gentlemen who stood like paul bunyan and hovered over you like a redwood.

when I met arnold, despite being shorter due to his age, it definitely shows that he was a stern and massive individual.

yes he smokes cigars like the movies. =)

WB has released a promo pic of Ben Afleck as Batman

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 1,041
I haven't done a very good job of keeping this thread updated. I'm going to see this with my family and 10 others this Friday at noon. Early viewer buzz is outstanding and the few (3-4) reviews I've read have been nothing short of positive. Unless I determine the movie sux, I'll probably have seen it 4-5 times by the time spring break is over.

I am looking forward to hearing you guys' opinions on this movie as I am sure a lot of you will see it before I do.

I am also looking very forward to seeing it myself.

Not to sound like Negative Nancy, but I'm getting pretty tired of all the trailers and hype of this movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped to see it, but seems no matter where I turn, that's all I see is ads for the movie (Amazon, Jeep for example).

I know a lot of people didn't like the idea of Affleck playing Batman (didn't bother me), but I think he can pull it off. Christian Bale will be my favorite Batman, but I won't be disappointed if Affleck takes it to another level. I thought he was pretty decent as Dardevil.

Back