• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Official Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice Thread

Yesfan70 said:
Not to sound like Negative Nancy, but I'm getting pretty tired of all the trailers and hype of this movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped to see it, but seems no matter where I turn, that's all I see is ads for the movie (Amazon, Jeep for example).

I know a lot of people didn't like the idea of Affleck playing Batman (didn't bother me), but I think he can pull it off. Christian Bale will be my favorite Batman, but I won't be disappointed if Affleck takes it to another level. I thought he was pretty decent as Dardevil.

There can only be ONE true Batman. The rest are all pretenders to the throne!!
batman-and-robin-tv-series-adam-west-burt-ward.jpg

I don't count Adam West. He is Batman, but not the type of Batman I prefer. However with that said, if there was going to be a campy version of Batman, no one but Adam West can play that role.

IMHO "Batman" is all of those versions. The character is and has always been a reflection of the times. Batman 66 was came at a time that was full of colorful, shiny, and mass produced.

** MINOR SPOILERS**

It's got some issues, I've read many reviews both positive and negative.....as a big fan of the genre (both DC & Marvel), I don't think it's as bad as the majority of reviews make it out to be. It gets a lot of things right and is a beautiful film (visually, Zack Snyder always has a unique vision) it's a shame that its shortcomings drag it down several notches. It's not a completely original story, while the main thread/backbone of the movie is, it draws a lot of its influence from several iconic Batman and Superman storylines and that does the film as a whole a disservice. Mostly because all of the stories it borrows from were never related when they originally hit shelves. On top of this they shoehorned in some Justice League stuff, which if the movie wasn't trying to balance many things already, may have worked. Snyder put a lot of elements that could've worked for 2-3 maybe 4 movies all into this one. So it all feels rushed and forced at times. As a big fan who wants to see the forthcoming Directors/Ultimate Cut (30 minutes longer). This extended cut hopefully wil make all these extra plots make more sense. I'm not sure how general audiences will accept this film. It's gonna make a lot of money, which SHOULD equate to more films and the ongoing DCEU but DC may have to consider another option directorially, because to me this is strike 2 with Snyder in charge (the other being the highly divisive Man of Steel), I'm not sure DC/WBs long term plans for this movie universe can withstand another strike. All that being said, I think the movie was good enough to recommend people go see it and draw their own conclusions.

On a side note, as a fan of Batman, Ben Affleck's portrayal was AMAZING!! This motherf@#%er kicked some ass in this movie, he was physically dominant and imposing, dark & scary, and couldn't give 2 F@%ks about anything other than the mission. There was an element which will put off a lot of fans. But if Ben Affleck does indeed get a chance to write, direct and star in his on solo Batman movie, it'll be one I'm VERY eager to see.

finally saw this in er...

a television.

yes, it wont be the grand theater i wanted it to be. but i was limited in both time, place and well, a lot of variables. wifey agreed to watch it with me in the hotel room. nothing gets you off focus with a bat suit and a cape.

i liked it. as bats mentioned, there are elements i wish it didnt pull from, and quite frankly, there are some that er... didnt 'feel' as if it belonged there. a lot of bits and pieces put together, which somewhat didnt 'fit'.

i liked it tho, and affleck did a great job as the caped crusader. as wayne? well, it worked. not as suave as michael keaton, but it worked.

jeremy irons, man, that man was built to be alfred.

i wish morgan freeman was still around tho.

Ok I still haven't seen this movie. But I just have to post this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIAzP4KInc[/youtube]

If anyone is buying the Extended version and doesn't plan on using their digital code. I'd be most appreciative if I could have it. Just PM me. Thanks.

Finally got a chance to watch this as it was on an hbo free weekend. For me, it was just ok. Kind of dragged a bit, and would rather have had them fight a true general Zod at the end, instead of just an enraged monster. Looking forward to seeing more of Wonder Woman though.

Question, when they had Lex Luthor in prison, his prison number was 16-TK-421, isn't the TK-421 a Star Wars reference from A New Hope?

Batman v Superman and The Force Awakens had a friendly social media rivalry during production. There was a Batman easter egg in TFA too. There's a hidden batmobile on the underside of he Millenium Falcon.

3A5FEC56-81F6-44BE-884B-831404A64B66_zpsvqhlppw3.jpg

Also ... In the ultimate edition release of the movie a guard refers to Lex as "prisoner A-C-23-19-40”. That's a reference to Action Comics #23 which came out in 1940.

Back