• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Road

walls

Good movie, a nice different take on the end of the world. Actually thought it was quite sad at times and it was just a tad too long but otherwise a fine film.

Oh and the set pieces are REALLY well done.

Saw it after hearing the reviewer mention it during The Book of Eli review. Not impressed, little too long. I liked The Book of Eli better.

Havent seen ELI yet. ;)

I thought the realism of this film was good as well as the overall story.

walls said:
I thought the realism of this film was good
Sure but it felt like I was watching a documentary than a movie. The Book of Eli is much more of a movie (entertainment) than this.

this movie felt postapocalyptic done by oprah.

for some reason, i agree that it was definitely too long, and somehow, took a lot from the movie. as mentioned here, its heartbreaking when you watch this and have kids.

albeit a great ending, you know its for the greater good.

i kinda wonder how it really would be like when something like this happens. *knock on wood*.

altho one thing i greatly applaud in this movie was (no, not charlize theron :D, but robert duvalls role), exceptionally great performance. you can tell hes a veteran actor and it shows.

I will have to see this now that i know Robert Duval is in it. Ive never seen him give a bad performance and usually the movie is very good that he is in. Usually he steels the show.

DIYer said:
Robert Duval is not the main character though.

yup, just to avoid confusion, he plays a smaller role in this movie. you wont notice it, until later on.

Back