• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Razz

I thought I posted on this movie but can't seam to find it.
Anyway, great little film here with some excellent cinematography, filmed well, wonderful music in it, and guaranteed to make you smile!
Just a good ole fun movie.
Very highly recommend this one as it never got lots of press.

"Puppy biscuit! That man said "Puppy biscuit"!'

I haven't seen either flick, but I remember reading the short story in high school English. I hope that line was included.

The original had Walter Matthau in it if my memory is correct. I have never seen either one though. I will have to try and watch this one.

We enjoyed this one also. It has been quite awhile since we have seen. Didn't know it was a remake............

Tom,
Did you see the original?
Did you like it?
Compare...

I haven't seen the original but I do like Danny Kaye so if I happen to stumble on it I'll watch it. That said I don't recall ever seeing it on my channel guide.

Love this movie too, went in with low expectations and it really surprised me. I'm a big fan of Jose Gonzales music and there were a couple of his songs in the film.

I saw the original with Danny Kaye as a child. Although the Ben Stiller version was entertaining I still liked the Danny Kaye version better as it was more true to the novel and Danny Kaye just had a way with facial expressions.

Like Botch, I read the Thurber short story in high school. I loved it. Have not seen the movie.

No ... its a short story. Mat's reference to a novel was incorrect.

Back