• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Social Network

I was absolutely opposed to setting up a facebook profile for a long time. I felt some of the same feelings that you typically hear from people who don't like it but mainly felt it was self indulgent firepower for people who like attention. After I saw this movie I decided to give it a try. I find that I like seeing how some old friends are doing and I have had a nice experience hearing from people across the country that I thought I'd never speak to again. There are plenty of people I don't give a shit about posting stupid stuff, but I filter it out and pay no mind to it. There's alot of people who have a hard time fitting in socially at some point in there life that have found a way to express themselves on the internet and I can see that if brings them happiness. I guess my point is that some people don't like that medium of communication and others that do. It's not bad to like it or dislike it, but if something makes someone else happy, more power to them.

Also, facebook is basically like this forum with millions of members and much better software. It kind of surprises me that people who are part of this community wouldn't like facebook. But then again, I was one of those people not too long ago.

MatthewB said:
Oh and DIYer, if I create something that nets me billions of dollars, I will remember you all........................by posting pics of me on a foreign beach with two half naked hotties holding margaritas and mimosas in each hand

Matt, I don't want to get you too excited, but I think if you make a few billion dollars you might be able to find a couple chicks to get completely naked, not just half-naked :)

MatthewB said:
if I create something that nets me billions of dollars, I will remember you all........................by posting pics of me on a foreign beach with two half naked hotties holding margaritas and mimosas in each hand, while I post under the pics, you sons of bitches bet your thinking twice about writing on my face when i was passed out at Bats place huh?.....and then offer a hefty reward to whomever is the first to "nark out the perps in said incident" :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

oh and buy you all a HD-DVD player with one free movie.......Flint gets Transformers. :laughing-rolling:
Matt, you already forgot the promise that when you get that much fortune, you would hire soundhound and Flint (then IG) to design your home theater and have a grand GTG with forum friends. I'm very disappointed at you. :angry-tappingfoot:

DIYer said:
AndySTL said:
Also, facebook is basically like this forum with millions of members and
Isn't information shared among confirmed friends only?

Yes, but some users can share limited information to the public if they choose to do so. But I was really just trying to make the generalization that it's an online community of people discussing whatever is on their minds, much like this forum.

Diyer, thats' when I'll give you your player and your copy of "Swordfish" :eek:bscene-buttred:

Back