• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Song Title Game

Bob R

Here is a game I found on Patriots Planet Forum, perhaps you all would like to play along and see if we can't get something going. We are into music and should be able to rock (sic) at this game.

A song is named and then the next person has to name a song that shares a word with the original title.

For example - If I said "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles) you can then say "Diamond Dogs" (David Bowie). The next person could say "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" (Lobo) etc.

The trick is not to paint the next person in a corner and see how long the thread can go on for...

Some ground Rules:

1. "The", "A", and "And" can't be used to move the chain forward.

2. The same word cannot be used twice in a row - each "movement" must be made off of a unique word.

3. The letter "s" is not a factor in the case of pluralizations - singular and plural will be treated the same unless the word is totally different (i.e. "flower" and "flowers" is okay, but "mouse" and "mice" is not.)

4. You must name the artist (or an artist if the song has been done by multiple artists) in order to ensure the validity of given titles.

Here we go:

"I Can See For Miles" (The Who)

A Hundred Miles or More - Alison Krauss

Edit: whoops, scratch that, that's an album not a song. Here you go:

Miles Runs the Voodoo Down - Miles Davis

PaulyT said:
Talkin' Talkin' Talkin' - Lady Bianca

So ends the Game. We can't use talkin' again. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Unless, I cheat.

I'm Talkin' To You - Alan Parsons Project

Hey, maybe I just did that to shake you all up a bit... nah, sorry Bob, just forgot that part of the rules.

Here's to Life - Shirley Horn

Please allow me to interrupt the game with a question about the rules.

I wrote You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder.

Pauly wrote Here's To Life - Shirley Horn.

Could a possible next entry be That's Life - Frank Sinatra?

Zing said:
Please allow me to interrupt the game with a question about the rules.

I wrote You Are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder.

Pauly wrote Here's To Life - Shirley Horn.

Could a possible next entry be That's Life - Frank Sinatra?

No, can't use 'life' two transitions in a row.

Here and Now - Letters to Cleo

jomari said:
here there and everywhere - the beatles.
I don't think this qualifies Jom. You can't use "here" because Chuck just used it and you can't use "and" because the Boberator said so.

Last valid entry:
Here and Now - Letters to Cleo

Back