• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Walking Dead

Saw that Vudu also has the different seasons , costs the same.
Scott , Matt, if you had to buy the season, which is better, Amazon or Vudu ?

LOL!, I see we still have the auto-log off issue. Good thing I copy/pasted before clicking submit.

Barney said:
Yesfan,
I think I will bite the bullet and pay Amazon the $41.99 for season 6 and then come Oct watch season 7 on Sling.
Not going to wait a year or two to see if Netflix carries 6 & 7.

I don't think it's a question of "if" but "when" as far as Netflix carrying future TWD seasons. Most if not all of AMC's shows are on there. The good thing is you'll just have to pay the $41.99 once. Once you're caught up with the show, then you're watching it cheaper on Sling.

Towen7 said:
I'm interested in how this works plays out. I've long wondered how people would respond when content makers started charging premiums for on-demand access to current season shows.

It could go either way with me. I think the thing to think about, using me as an example, SlingTV will knock about $70/mo off my TV bill compared to Dish. If you have to start adding season passes from services like Amazon video, like in Barney's case, then that savings gets much smaller. Then there's the issue you can't watch two different shows through SlingTV at the same time on two or more devices, plus SlingTV doesn't offer DVR like cable/sat. So if you get into that area to where you're only saving $10-$20, having DVR and whole house viewing might make keeping sat/cable worth it.

Right now, I think ditching Dish and ponying up for a season pass of a favorite show or two might be worth it. That being said, if I had a shit load of shows I loved to keep up with (or worse), having a wife with the same 'problems' as I do with her shows, then staying with Dish would probably be better. Fortunately, I think SlingTV is going to pay off for me. I don't have that many "must see" shows I like, so I'm wondering how long the savings are going to be.

The one thing that concerns me is all those times having Dish and seeing where Dish had contract negotiations issues with CBS, Lifetime, NBC, etc. and the consumer was left in the dark until the negotiations were resolved by raising my monthly bill a couple of dollars the following month (Yes, I'm looking at you Lifetime.....bitches). I could see that happening with SlingTV as it catches on in popularity.

Wade, I went ahead and bought the 6th season pass and binged and watched all that they have ( up to episode 13). I think AMC is showing episode 14 now ? There is suppost to be 16 episodes I think ( the season pass is suppost to get the rest when available, I guess)
Netfix just got season 2 of Daredevil & I'm on episode 4.
Wade, I don't have an antenna connected to my SUHD, just my Roku 4, son's Wiiu, and my Oppo bluray player ( man cave ). Family room I have 1080p Sony Brava, OTA, and a cheap Sony bluray player w/streaming apps.

Just finished Walking Dead season 5 - all that Netflix has. What a terrific show, best I've seen in a while. Ok I thought they lost a little momentum in season 5, but it's still enjoyable. Looking forward to the next season...

Pauly, season 7 is supposed to start in Oct. Season 6 is pretty good.

Wow, just finished season 6 (on netflix), and it was awesome. I thought it had a whole lot more depth and subtlety than earlier seasons. Yeah the finale was annoying (as they all are), and now I have to wait a long f'ing time for S7 to come out... sigh.

The Walking Dead Season 7 starts Sunday Oct 23 at 8CT on AMC. Can't wait.

The Walking Dead Season 7 starts Sunday Oct 23 at 8CT on AMC. Can't wait.
I hate watching AMC, 5 minutes of the movie then at least 6 commercials. this is going to be hell watching season 7 on AMC. I have Playstation Vue using my Roku 4, have it scheduled on the Vue's DVR but haven't figured out how to skip through the commercials.

Saw that Vudu also has the different seasons , costs the same.
Scott , Matt, if you had to buy the season, which is better, Amazon or Vudu ?
Sorry Barney haven't caught this thread in like forever. I've never bought anything thru Amazon. I do watch the same shows on Netflix, Hulu and Vudu and I always find the PQ on Vudu is always the best. My nephew always buys the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead series so I never have to buy those but since they do I own all the seasons (except the last).

Pauly episode one of season 7 was a jaw dropping holy shit no it can't be roller coaster of emotions for me.

Hey guys... bringing up an old thread since the topic is related =

Here in my town they are using the minor league baseball stadium, the Dell Diamond, and several old downtown areas to film what is claimed to be "Fear of the Walking Dead" in a crossover style which takes place in the past, like the 1950s or 1960s. Folk are reporting seeing them filming and all the old cars, buses, trucks and other items used to clearly make it appear old.

Could be a new twist on this franchise.

Hey guys... bringing up an old thread since the topic is related =

Here in my town they are using the minor league baseball stadium, the Dell Diamond, and several old downtown areas to film what is claimed to be "Fear of the Walking Dead" in a crossover style which takes place in the past, like the 1950s or 1960s. Folk are reporting seeing them filming and all the old cars, buses, trucks and other items used to clearly make it appear old.

Could be a new twist on this franchise.

"Fear the Walking Dead" has been a spinoff since 2015 , has it not?

Back