• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Tried to upgrade to Genie, but Directv talked me out of it

Re: Tried to upgrade to Genie, but Directv talked me out of

Yeah but when I change the IP address I still get a conflict. Say my modem is on channel 10 and the AP is on channel 1 or Auto I still get the warning ( hence why I had to change my ip). In fact the moment I plug in the AP (even after resetting to factory defaults) I get the ISP warning that another device in the system is conflicting with my modem. Of course this was in repeater mode. I'll have to try again in AP Mode.

Oh... you have to program the new device to be an Access Point. It is probably acting like a router or gateway or something else. It needs to be plugged into your router.

Will do and let you know how it goes.

Worked like a charm now that I have it hooked up via Ethernet about sex feet away from my router. My Appletv, GF tablet, my iTouch are on the new Access point and my Directv, my iPad and Sony PS3 are on my old router. Just did a speedtest and got 9.98Mbps. I tried to put my Pas3 on the new AP but could only get 6.67Mbps not fast enough for HD movie on my CinemaNow account. Kept freezing up and said it needed 8Mpbs so switched to old modem and worked like a charm. So by splitting things up I get the speed I need and the GF gets enough to get her by at 6.5Mbps.

Thanks for the suggestion and help Flint. You to Tom.

MattB has Sex Feet! :banana-dance:

So...with the Genie and it's 5 tuners...can I switch between them (all 5) when not recording shows? For example, when I press down, it switches tuners. Is there a way to select which of the 5 it switches to? Or can it only be the 2nd tuner.

The only time I've seen the 5 tuners come into play is when I was testing things out and recorded 5 shows at once and tried to change the channel and it asked me which show to stop recording so I could change the channel.

I would love to be able to have 5 buffers running so I could switch between any of the 5...but that doesn't seem like an option...

Basically you have one main unit "the Genie" and the four extra tuners just piggyback on that main tuner. So it's the main tuner that is actually recording the five shows. So if you have five shows recording you can't use another tuner at all unless you want to watch what's already recorded or recording. Or say your whole family is watching different shows on all four extra tuners, you can only record one show or watch one show. It's like having five total per house and your limited to how many tuners are currently in use with how many shows you can record till they add up to five and five only.

Back