• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

True Grit

My wife, brother, Sister in-law, Uncle, aunt and another uncle all went to this Christmas day for the 4:30 showing at the Palladium cinema if you really want to know. I had forgotten a lot of the John Wayne movie and re-watched it that night.

I have to say we were all very impressed with the Jeff Bridges version. I was surprised by how much wasnt in the Bridges version that was in the Wayne version which probably speaks to the changes that the Wayne version made from the book. Some of the details though, left the viewer to either have knowledge of the book or the Wayne version.

As far as Matt Damon's character, I didnt care much for it in either film, so I am chalking that up to the character and not how it was acted or who acted it. The character is just obnoxious.

They are very similar in a lot of ways, much of the dialogue is exact, but it is very much different and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this movie.

In my opinion, every movie would benefit from realistic 3D. It is movies like this, with the scenic countryside and large panoramas which I think would MOST benefit from an excellent 3D treatment.

That said, modern 3D tech is still young and very costly to work with. It'll take some time before it is common with great films, much like color took some time to really become the norm.

Saw it last night. Classic Coen Bros. dark humor throughout. Great dialog and great performances. I hate remakes as much as anyone but this is an excellent film that stands on it's own as a signature Coen Bros. product.

Monkey

Back