• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Updated 1000 line, SVS SB1000 pro and PB1000 pro

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous

The sealed version is very tempting, yet again at 499, same price as i got my PB1000 first gen.

i like sealed subs now, maybe because they are more 'tight' i guess, but i also think its because of space as well. do i miss 20hz? yes, i do. but i think i can live with 23hz on my SB-12NSD.

The sealed version is very tempting, yet again at 499, same price as i got my PB1000 first gen.

i like sealed subs now, maybe because they are more 'tight' i guess, but i also think its because of space as well. do i miss 20hz? yes, i do. but i think i can live with 23hz on my SB-12NSD.

Do you need a new sub or you just being like me and kind of have a case of the "I wants" for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

I have a few hundred dollars in gift cards that I need to use and have been struggling to decide what to buy. A new sub has entered my mind more than once. These new subs have me thinking....

The problem with SVS now is their subs are over-priced compared to other brands because of their return policy. So a $600 SVS sub might only give the performance of, say, a $500 Hsu sub but you get that 45 day return window. Just something to think about...

The problem with SVS now is their subs are over-priced compared to other brands because of their return policy. So a $600 SVS sub might only give the performance of, say, a $500 Hsu sub but you get that 45 day return window. Just something to think about...

I really like the HSU sub that I have in my basement. If they sold them thru Amazon or Best Buy (where I have these gift cards lying around) I probably would have already ordered one. Maybe I should look into selling these gift cards....

i have always wanted to get an hsu sub, but man, with my kids and less time being able to watch, i cant really justify it. plus like i said, i have 2 subs i aint even using. i really want the sealed one because of its SIZE.

also on cm's note, SVS isnt also what it used to be, on the technical aspect (you guys know more about this than i do), and their crew (i believe you can also confirm this, didnt the OG's make another sub company?)...

at 499 no, its really tempting. but what the hell will i do with my SB12-NSD? i cant find another hiding spot.

I really like the HSU sub that I have in my basement. If they sold them thru Amazon or Best Buy (where I have these gift cards lying around) I probably would have already ordered one. Maybe I should look into selling these gift cards....
i always wanted HSU like i said. they just look like beast. they are also on my wish list. even when monolith came around, i still would choose a Hsu if i needed another side table.

sidenote, how would you be selling those gift cards? i cant send cash in an envelope anymore these days can i?

i like sealed subs now, maybe because they are more 'tight' i guess

We have lot of bass-heads in the area who are on AVS Forum and they did a shootout several years ago featuring a variety of sealed, ported, and horn-loaded subwoofers. It's pretty funny reading their reactions as they each realized they couldn't tell what they were listening to...

We have lot of bass-heads in the area who are on AVS Forum and they did a shootout several years ago featuring a variety of sealed, ported, and horn-loaded subwoofers. It's pretty funny reading their reactions as they each realized they couldn't tell what they were listening to...

What is the consensus on the best bang for buck sub manufacturer out there these days? Is it HSU?

What is the consensus on the best bang for buck sub manufacturer out there these days? Is it HSU?

Hsu gets a lot of love, the Monoprice Monolith subs, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio. So many good choices and it seems like you're going to get very similar performance at a given price point (see caveat about SVS). When it's time to take it up a notch I'd say JTR is the way to go.

if size isnt a question, id still go with HSU, due to its variable port options, but i wish i could afford a PSA and have a dedicated room for it.

now i recall i think, i THINK psa is the company based on the founders/engineers of SVS, no?

best bang for the buck i think is PSA and/or Hsu simply because once you invest in these two companies, you'd be set for years.

sidenote, how would you be selling those gift cards? i cant send cash in an envelope anymore these days can i?
Why, you want to buy a $200 Best Buy gift card???

In all seriousness, I think there are some services online that will buy/sell/trade unwanted gift cards.

Why, you want to buy a $200 Best Buy gift card???

In all seriousness, I think there are some services online that will buy/sell/trade unwanted gift cards.

i wouldve considered amazon, our best buy sucks in our area.

Back