• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Uverse anyone have it and do u like it?

I'm at around $115/mo with 12mb internet, whole-house DVR, two STBs, their 200 channel package and HBO. I don't bother with a home phone anymore and I'd use VOIP if I did.

Haywood said:
I'm at around $115/mo with 12mb internet, whole-house DVR, two STBs, their 200 channel package and HBO. I don't bother with a home phone anymore and I'd use VOIP if I did.

i was thinking about the whole voip thing too, since i already have one sent to my mom and relatives at home (philippines).

if im not mistaken, its california law to have a phone available to call 911 in the house or something, thus not wanting to throw away the phone line.

is it typical that these 'expenses' hit around that price range tho? i would ask my sister, but then she'd feel guilty being unemployed and all. she handles all the finances, thus i dont know jack about anything.

thank you for helping out bud.

jomari said:
Haywood said:

i was thinking about the whole voip thing too, since i already have one sent to my mom and relatives at home (philippines).

if im not mistaken, its california law to have a phone available to call 911 in the house or something, thus not wanting to throw away the phone line.

is it typical that these 'expenses' hit around that price range tho? i would ask my sister, but then she'd feel guilty being unemployed and all. she handles all the finances, thus i dont know jack about anything.

I use Vonage and there is 911 service so that should not be a problem.

Regarding TV service cost - I pay DTV $91/month for one HD DVR and the second to the top HD package, no premium channels and I pay the monthly maintenance fee. It would be $84 without the maintenance fee.

jomari said:
Haywood said:

You can call 911 on a VOIP line or a cell phone.

Yeah, ~$100/mo is pretty typical.

mzpro5 said:
I use Vonage and there is 911 service so that should not be a problem.

Regarding TV service cost - I pay DTV $91/month for one HD DVR and the second to the top HD package, no premium channels and I pay the monthly maintenance fee. It would be $84 without the maintenance fee.

84 a month!?! wow... :scared-eek:

Haywood said:
You can call 911 on a VOIP line or a cell phone.

Yeah, ~$100/mo is pretty typical.

Thanks guys about the vonage thingy, i have to look into that later on...

Appreciate the help guys. Mucho gusto.

Haywood said:
Vonage is a bit pricey. Check out Ooma.

yeah, well, i was going to just get the at&t thingy instead. i might as well spend on it.

thank you again folks, it really means a lot for me. im going to have to start a thread to learn how to live on my own/girlfriend.

read:grow up.

hawk52 said:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/uverse

You might want cruze through this forum. I use DSLREPORTS for my cable/ISP... Charter...

thanks buddy, im going to scan through it bit...

is there anything in particular that i should be concerned about?

last thing, since i game a bit on my ps3, would 3mbps be a bad download rate? it WORKS for me at my current house, but im not sure how it would work in my new apartment.

not being a UVERSE customer I cant speak for them. Suggest reading the reviews in the upper right hand corner of the link. i know i have not heard good things about their customer service. consumer reports really provided ATT in general poor rating if you value their opinion.

as far as speed, not the right person to ask. i would say 3mbps seems a bit on the low side. i have 20mps down and 4mbps up.. i guess it becomes a value for performance question you need to ask yourself...

finally got it installed yesterday, man, that was tedious. took a good 3 hours to get everything done... :(

anyways
got free hd for 6 months, and love how much crap is on tv nowadays.
a free hd receiver (upgraded from standard unit because of 'difficulty installing')
a newer dvr (didnt know it comes with a flippin ups too! that things huge!)
around 5 hdmi cables...

gave the guy $50 clams for his troubles. older gentleman, who had a stroke recently, and also a filipino thus the freebies.

anyways

1. they have on demand - hbo game of thrones - season 2 - is it cheap to purchase?
2. is there a way to alleviate the gorram heat off these things! too hot!
3. i have wireless, but was thinking to get a modem to provide the wireless instead of directly into the unit. security reasons and i can split what goes where (hd stuff to certain devices, standard to standard cable)... worth it?

love it tho, will play with it later.

Back