• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Wardsweb Home Theater

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
Here is my den.

prodigy06.jpg

Wardsweb, the winners of the biggest subwoofer awards. (Sorry Flint, houses don't count).

Yup.

Combine this one with his 2 channel and Batman's cave....I'll never post photos of my setup.

jamhead said:
Yup.

Combine this one with his 2 channel and Batman's cave....I'll never post photos of my setup.

I know how you feel...

I'm still trying to make a 10yr old receiver last another 10....
:D

D

The only constant is change. Just got these custom mahogany Klipsch Julibee's today. Still need to setup the EV DX-38 to run them active.

jubs1.jpg

Also moved the Danley DTS-10 subhorn to the other side of the wall. It fires into the room from behind the curtain.

subwindow.jpg

Geez, I've never even heard of those Klipschs; they make that huge TV look... not so huge! :shock:

I'll bet those things will sound large enough for Soundhound! :D

Botch said:
Geez, I've never even heard of those Klipschs; they make that huge TV look... not so huge! :shock:

I'll bet those things will sound large enough for Soundhound! :D
These were the last speaker that Paul Klipsch designed (with a smaller horn). The audio engineer( Roy) that worked with him heads the Pro division out of Hope Akansas. The new bean counters at Klipsch were going to scrape this speaker but Roy talked them into letting the Pro department have it. So it is sold mainly for commercial cinema use. These were custom made out of South African Mahogany for home. I still need to make some grills to cover the sides and have the horn painted in a high gloss automotive finish.

DIYer said:
What other tools will you be using for calibrating?
To start I will be using settings determined by the engineer who helped develop the speaker and researched at the factory where these were built.

Wardsweb said:
The only constant is change. Just got these custom mahogany Klipsch Julibee's today. Still need to setup the EV DX-38 to run them active.
jubs1.jpg
That is just sick! Yet I just can't stop staring at it no matter how hard I try. If I once said "speakers are not supposed to be bigger than the display", I take it back and I stand corrected.

Zing said:
That is just sick! Yet I just can't stop staring at it no matter how hard I try. If I once said "speakers are not supposed to be bigger than the display", I take it back and I stand corrected.
They won't be larger when the projector and drop down screen go in.

Wardsweb said:
Zing said:

Acoustically Transparent Screen?

Where'd your ML's go?

Wardsweb said:
Zing said:

Plus, they wont be nearly as visible with the lights dimmed. Those are absolutely beautiful.

WW, YOU SUCK!!!!!!! :teasing-tease:

jamhead said:

Acoustically Transparent Screen?

Where'd your ML's go?[/quote]

Yes a Seymour screen. The Prodigy's are in the dining room now.

diningroom.jpg

Back