• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Well produced music to show off your system

Thanks for posting those. I was looking through my library and I realized just how hard it is for me to recommend something that both has good music and sounds good. As a matter of fact, if somebody walked into my room right now, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what to play if they asked me to pick something! Wow..... :suspicious:

Ok, that is a real mix of music. Hopefully everyone can find something they like. Try Google, Amazon or YouTube to hear these and when you find something you really like, find a copy to keep.

Well, to emphasize the A/V portion of this discussion, anyone that's ever been to our house has been subjected (aka treated) to these shows which are both eye AND ear candy.

71Z0Oy5ot5L._SY355_.jpg
81jwUM9sViL._SY355_.jpg

Thanks, WW. I have a few of those... gonna look up some of the others.

(Note though that we also have a "stellar recordings" thread...)

Thanks, WW. I have a few of those... gonna look up some of the others.

(Note though that we also have a "stellar recordings" thread...)

You know your right. I totally forgot about that one. I just got it in my head to post after being asked to in another thread.

Well, to emphasize the A/V portion of this discussion, anyone that's ever been to our house has been subjected (aka treated) to these shows which are both eye AND ear candy.

Both of those are excellent. In that same category, check out Andrea Bocelli - Live in Tuscany

Bocelli_Vivere_Live_In_Tuscany.jpg

^--- ordered, definitely one of my favorite musicians.

On that note, I'll offer this - one of the best contemporary jazz pianists around, IMHO. Plays with Tierney Sutton on just about all her albums. This solo recording was done by "Dr AIX" (Waldrep).

91qxC81HQaL._SX522_.jpg

Every once in a while, I do a search for "Best Sounding CDs" or something similar. I've been doing this for years and I've noticed that pretty much most of the lists contain the same recommendations I've been seeing for years. So, recently, I modified my search to include newer releases and it turned up all sorts of suggestions, most of which I hadn't ever heard of before. Perfect!

Anyhow, one such item was Monk'Estra Vol. 1 by John Beasley. Almost immediately I was able to tell this wasn't music I was interested in buying however, @rammisframmis, @PaulyT and @Wardsweb all came to mind because it seemed like music they'd enjoy. So there you go. Sample away.

Every once in a while, I do a search for "Best Sounding CDs" or something similar. I've been doing this for years and I've noticed that pretty much most of the lists contain the same recommendations I've been seeing for years. So, recently, I modified my search to include newer releases and it turned up all sorts of suggestions, most of which I hadn't ever heard of before. Perfect!

Anyhow, one such item was Monk'Estra Vol. 1 by John Beasley. Almost immediately I was able to tell this wasn't music I was interested in buying however, @rammisframmis, @PaulyT and @Wardsweb all came to mind because it seemed like music they'd enjoy. So there you go. Sample away.
Thanks Zing.

I did a quick sample of some of the tracks - and immediately thought of some of the stuff that Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band and Gordon Goodwin's Little Phat Band have done - especially Little Rootie Tootie that I just sampled.

It's the type of music that I sometimes use as background listening when I want to curl up with a good book to read.

Jeff

Back